A Day with Barron River Guitars and Ukuleles - Cairns, Australia

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0baB4mLCzdE

My visit and interview with Barron River Guitars and Ukuleles in Cairns, Australia. Special thanks to Allen McFarlen and his wife for a great day during my journey across Australia. His shop was amazing, and his hospitality was great. We also had a fantastic dinner at a Balinese restaurant to top off the day.

Hope you folks enjoy an inside look at Allen, his shop, and Cairnes Australia.

Cheers!

Yes, I did enjoy that supremely.

Was Bosko busking when u met him? Where was Honey?

Yes, I did enjoy that supremely.

Was Bosko busking when u met him? Where was Honey?

Well, not really. He was actually sitting waiting for a sketching and he is a DAMN GOOD artist. He draws photographic good drawing charactures of folks.

I saw him sitting and noodling on his uke and then he stopped. I said to my wife "Holy crap I think that's Bosko" and she knew who I meant as she has seen many videos online of various folks I show her. As soon as he turned around I knew it was him. I went up to him, introduced myself and we chatted, then I asked him if he could play something and if he would mind me doing a video for my YouTube channel and he was gracious enough to play. I was excited to see he was playing a Barron River considering I was going to visit Allen the day after. Just a sheer coincidence.

He is a fantastic guy. Honey was busy working at a store in the same center so I didn't want to bother her.

Wow, Jay, that's a pretty cool story. Ultra-cool! Day jobs of B&H: street artist and shopkeep. Who'd a thunk it!?

I know, it was a trip of a lifetime for me. Allen just informed me he officially took the leap and is now doing ukes/guitars full time and the business is doing well with plenty of orders. I'm happy for him following his heart and going with his passion.

Top Bottom