extremely rare,only one made,pre koa works baritone ukulele signed by rich godfrey 11/12/02 mint - SOLD

toddir58

Reaction score
extremely rare,only one made,pre koa works baritone ukulele signed by rich godfrey 11/12/02 mint - SOLD

extremely rare,only one made,pre koa works baritone ukulele signed by rich godfrey 11/12/02 mint

hardly used ,in mint condition,hand signed on neck block 11/12/02 by builder rich godfrey, of koa works ukulele in kaneohe oahu,hawaii.See Koa Works Ukulele website for builder information and video....this uke is a baritone,with beautiful gloss finish,solid AAA koa body and neck...gold tone closed gear Gotoh tuners...black wound strings....fabulous rich ,deep tone,....set up and action are right on the money.... this is the only baritone that he made,..he started using labels in 2003 ,that's why there is no inside label,....but he is sending me a signed label to go with the ukulele....ships in 1 day via usps 1-3 day priority mail,and insured, the uke will be well packed and sent in a used hard case,case is worn ,but great for mailing purposes.Sorry available only in the U.S. Paypal only

List Date: 6/15/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: extremely rare,only one made,pre koa works baritone ukulele signed by rich godfrey 11/12/02 mint
--------------------------------------
Item Has Been Sold.

--------------------------------------
ga.aspx

Mobile friendly version: extremely rare,only one made,pre koa works baritone ukulele signed by rich godfrey 11/12/02 mint

Shiny fingerboard. Has it been varnished?

Is the date wrong btw? I only ask because your ebay auction says it's a new ukulele. Just wondering, that's all, because he didn't start building ukes until about 2000, so that'd make this a really early one.

Last edited:
rich godfrey baritone

Is the date wrong btw? I only ask because your ebay auction says it's a new ukulele. Just wondering, that's all, because he didn't start building ukes until about 2000, so that'd make this a really early one.
.....aloha to you big kahuna, the date is accurate and yes, this is one of his early ukes....I used the dunlop 65 guitar polish on the body and their lemon oil on the fret board, before i took photo's,that's why the pic looks shiny....it is listed as new because it has been mostly in storage and on display,and rarely played...

Aloha Todd,
Yes I know Rich from Kaneohe Oahu....he makes awesome ukes...You should list it as a Koa Works for sure.... I might be intrested as I has some of his ukes.
I have seen his early ukes and not many have been made...being an early uke, this must have opened up real nice....
When Sarah Maisel came to visit me she played my Koa Works too....

aloha Stan,long time no talk story,i came across this old godfrey in my pursuit of my collection of old all hawaii made ukes,since i have 4 baritones already in the collection i'm letting this one go ( white label kamaka factory restored koa, early 1960s gibson, 1950s harmony custom made taro patch tuning 8-string, new kala acoustic/electric... all baritones). this uke fits right in between the kamaka and the gibson for the deep voice...it's hard to beet a ]n old vintage well played gibson for tone....i'm addind a new pic of the growing uke collection to this response,at 3 dozen and counting i;m letting some go to other collectors as i need a few more bucks to get my latest finds (70s kamaka 8-string mint, and an old martin tenor,and i'm sill trying to get the upside down pineapple for my kamaka wall (i have a kamaka from every decade from 1930 through the 80's + the baritone,9 total kamakas )I am also selling a verified #5480 early 30's kamaka koa pineapple through uu. ,since i have 2...be well and keep on strumming,molokai musiphoto (10).jpgc maker todd

.....aloha to you big kahuna, the date is accurate and yes, this is one of his early ukes....I used the dunlop 65 guitar polish on the body and their lemon oil on the fret board, before i took photo's,that's why the pic looks shiny....it is listed as new because it has been mostly in storage and on display,and rarely played...
........ just wanted to add that rich godfrey has contacted me ,and tells me that this the only baritone uke that he has made,making this extremely rare.....he started using koa works labels in 2003 and that is why there is no label in the uke ..this is a very early uke...he will be sending me a signed koa works label to include with this uke(awesome)

Top Bottom