Careless Whisper (ukulele cover)

Well done!

Sweet! Well done Mike. Digging it. That Flea sounds good - is it just a normal ol' Flea acoustic/normal strings? Just mic'ed up?

That was fun. Well done.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. igorthebarbarian it's plugged in. It has the bband pickup in it that Fleamarket Music offers. Flat EQ with some reverb. I put a mic on my other Flea in my last video but it required a lot of EQ tweaking. I think I'll stick with plugging in from now on.

Love your videos Mike. This is another good one. Where I fall down in being able to play this type of song is in the strumming. I came from a piano background not guitar and keeping the pace and tempo of the strumming is a challenge. Got any suggestions because I really like your tempo and style.

Thanks Mxyzptik. I would say I'm not doing a traditional uke strum. I really do it without thinking about it. The best way I could describe it is: I'm using my thumb mostly and then the back of my middle and ring finger on the end of the fingernail. For example: Thumb- down, down, up and then down with the back of the middle and ring finger (nails) for the chop sound. So down, down, up, chop (which is down with the back of the fingernails) You can use the back of whichever finger(s) you want, that's just how my hand naturally falls. Sometimes the pattern changes like, Thumb - down, up, down, up, chop. I hope that helps.

As I put more thought into it, it's more like this: Let's just say that chop= downstroke with the back of whatever fingernail(s) you're comfortable with. And any Down, up is done with the thumb. So my go to strum would be. Down, down, up, chop, up, down, up and then start over again down, down, up, chop, up, down, up.

Top Bottom