stagg ukulele

little_lanikai

Reaction score
:)Any reviews, I heard one on youtube and like its sound, I'm thinking about buying a soprano, I just wanted your opinions on the uke, I'm looking for a US10 for a cheap price, I'm sure I'll find one, but they're all in the UK!:rolleyes:

I posted a review of my concert stagg on the main page review section. In a nut shell it is a good uke for the money. I acctually have played it more than my KPK soprano and my old Kala tenor. If you have any specific questions post them here or send me a pm. I will do my best to answer them.

thankyou :) oh yes i do have a question, what is the difference between the plastic white tuners and the gear tuners?

I just looked at the Stagg website and it looks like they have done some different things to their newer models. I think what you are asking is what the difference between geared and friction tuners. According to the stagg website their ukes now have geared tuners. Mine has friction tuners.

The gear(ed) tuners are more percise and alot of people find it easier to fine tune their ukes. The friction tuners can be a little difficult to use at first but once you can use these you will be able to tune anything. They work on the basis of what you turn is what the top turns the same amount. With the geared tuners what you turn on the tuner is proportinal to what the top turns.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom