$250US budget

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day guys and gals, well, its that time that alot of people are going through, and thats upgradeing the uke, im going from my shitty greg bennet series uke to something more decent spending around $450 aus or around the $250US mark, im after something solid built, nice wood grain look to it, and a rich, loud sound, i have serious eye on a kala mango concert from a guy of ebay.com hes offering it plus a case, restrung strings, and a tuner plus fully setup for $238US http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=330307512656&Category=16224

this lanikai is my other option im thinking of

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LANIKAI-CK-C...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

i like this sort of look ukulele like the wood grain look, i dont know though, can someone help me out, like i want something where in a month or so regreting i bought it cause of its poor sound and quality

Last edited:
Call MGM up and talk to Mike. He will tell you what you should buy. The guy knows his ukes and won't steer you wrong. I am sure just about everyone on this sight would agree.

I'd have to agree. MGM is great to deal with. I'm in the process of buying my 4th uke from MGM. (One was returned.) He does demo videos of various ukes which help very much in making that big decision. Great guy!!

I'd have to agree. MGM is great to deal with. I'm in the process of buying my 4th uke from MGM. (One was returned.) He does demo videos of various ukes which help very much in making that big decision. Great guy!!

calling him might be a bit hard, being in australia and not having a home phone cause im a student calling him off my mobile would cost me an absolute fortune which is why i come here to ask :D

Mango is certainly a beautiful wood, but I think the Kala line is laminate. I have a Pono solid mango and I love the look, but the sound is pretty mellow and volume is low compared to spruce or cedar tops.

Look at the Kala solid cedar - loud, bright and nice to play. MGM sells them.

Top Bottom