Collings UC3M #1443 Outstanding Cherry Burst Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcow

Reaction score
Checking interest

This is a stunning one month old uke that i got from HMS. It's in great condition just like new, no issue or anything. This is the very first cherry burst ukulele from Collings. Gorgeous finish with great tone. Sound sample: http://vimeo.com/93590285

Retail price for a Collings UC3K SunBurst is around $3400. i'm asking $2900 include collings case.

Features Include:
  • Premium sitka spruce top with a quilted maple sides and back
  • Ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
  • Black/white purfling
  • Abalone with wood nitrite strip rosette
  • Cherry Burst High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
  • Bound "Haircut" headstock
  • Rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
  • Rosewood fingerboard
  • Mortise and tenon neck joint
  • 18 Frets, neck joins the body at the 12th fret
  • "C" shape neck and 1.73" string spacing
  • 12" Fingerboard radius
  • 1 3/8" Bone nut
  • 15" Scale length
  • Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire
  • Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
  • Pegheds tuners with 4:1 ratio
  • Recommended string gauge - Savarez (.62mm, .74mm, .86mm, .62mm)
  • Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
  • Geared tuning pegs

76025-collings_uc3m_sb_-3.jpg42226-collings_uc3m_sb_-7.jpg29315-collings_uc3m_sb_-14.jpg65160-collings_uc3m_sb_-8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a tenor person...but wanted to give concert a try....and turns out i'm right, concert is not my cup of tea.....

Quite an expensive try for concert! Hahaha

Quite an expensive try for concert! Hahaha

Haha. When you know what are in coolcow's ukes line-up, you will not be surprised by this one. :p

Last edited:
where do you try out the Collings Ukes in SoCal?

McCabe's and Westwood Music both carry Collings, though they tend to stock the more basic models. This cherry sunburst uke is real eye candy to my eyes.

This is an insanely gorgeous concert uke. I've got the same model (UC3M), but mine has the tangerine sunburst (shown in my profile pic). I purchased mine from HMS just before coolcow's came through, and it quickly became my favorite ukulele. In fact, it's one of my all time favorites. The tone from the spruce/maple combo is incredible, with tons of richness and color. A lot of people might consider this combination to be too bright, but I am actually surprised by how rich and mellow mine sounds. The tone is so cool, and almost has a 'vintage' quality to it. If you are a concert uke player, and you are looking for an ultimate instrument, this could seriously be the end of your search.

Lovely uke, good luck with the sale coolcow!

-Steve

Very nice Coolcow...I like the Cherry Sunburst!

The mahogany concert I tried at McCabes haunted me and made me go hunting for a tenor because I also love the tenor voice, but I seriously wanted that concert! They're doing something right in Austin!

That is absolutely gorgeous - I hope to get a soprano or tenor Collings one day.

weekend bump...price drop to US$2800

Darn I wish I could see the pics! It sounds delicious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom