FS: DaSilva #291 custom 19-fret mahogany soprano (built May 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
FS: Custom DaSilva 19-fret mahogany soprano, built by Michael DaSilva in May 2012.

Fantastic tone and sustain with great intonation all the way up the neck!

• 13.75" scale length with 19 frets on E and A strings.
  • Honduras mahogany top, back, sides and neck.
  • Ebony fretboard.
  • Peghed tuners.
  • Polyester gloss finish.
  • Strap button.
  • Includes hardshell case.

Original cost was around $1200 plus CA sales tax. Asking $800 including shipping, Paypal gift payment only, US shipping only. May be *a little* flexible on price - PM me your offer to discuss! And if you can come to the Santa Monica, CA area for an in-person sale, I'll definitely negotiate a bit lower.

I'm selling this for several reasons: I rarely play sopranos any more, I've come to prefer koa over mahogany for the type of playing I do, and I need to raise some cash to deal with an unexpected medical situation. So, now's the time.

Sound sample.

Photos taken by the builder, including in-progress shots.

And, last, quick and dirty cell phone snaps by me.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sad to see you selling this uke. I remember when you were asking around about who might build a custom to this spec for you.

Good luck with the sale, DaSilvas are mighty nice ukes and I know high highly you have thought of this one!

I'm sad to see you selling this uke. I remember when you were asking around about who might build a custom to this spec for you.

Good luck with the sale, DaSilvas are mighty nice ukes and I know high highly you have thought of this one!

Thanks. Funny how needs change over time, isn't it. Two years ago this was just what I needed - now I'm wishing I could wave a magic wand and turn it into a koa concert uke :) That said, it really is a great little one of a kind uke.

I like it....wish I had the bread for it! I like my koa concert too.....

Lovely ukulele! This ukulele looks so ideal. I agree with CJ, sad to see you sell it. But, we follow our ears and hearts. And you have good ears and a good heart.

Best of luck on the sale,JR40.

Last edited:
Lovely ukulele! This ukulele looks so ideal. I agree with CJ, sad to see you sell it. But, we follow our ears and hearts. And you have good ears and a good heart.

Hey, thanks. If I can find a buyer, it's the right thing to do - let somebody else enjoy it as much as I have, while I move on to other, different things :)

Excellent opportunity on a DaSilva Custom mahogany soprano. Such a sweet sounding uke.

Excellent opportunity on a DaSilva Custom mahogany soprano. Such a sweet sounding uke.

Thanks for reading and commenting, CK1 and Doc!

Still available, and willing to negotiate on price.

Would you absolutely not consider shipping abroad. UK? This is right up my street.

The main reasons I'm reluctant to ship abroad are: past problems with tracking/inability to buy insurance/item never arrived and I ended up losing money; the high cost of shipping abroad; and the fact that because of customs fees, those overseas tend to ask me to *lower* my asking price rather than *pay extra* for the hassle that I would have to go through in dealing with the U.S. Post Office's overseas shipping red tape. Not sure what the postal service is like in other countries, but here in the U.S., it's the equivalent of the innermost circle of hell - a truly awful experience every time I go there.

That being said - if you are seriously interested *and* willing to pay $800 USD for the uke *plus* whatever the actual shipping fee is, and should things go wrong once the uke leaves my hands you will not hold me liable for it, then I'd consider it. If that sounds amenable, please PM me.

(For the record - the shipping abroad problems I've had have been with Canada and Italy, neither of whom honor USPS tracking or insurance [or didn't at the time, which was several years ago]. The item went missing and guess who had to refund the full purchase price to the buyer? Yep, me, that's who. After being burned twice on items with small price tags, I've learned my lesson.)

For the record, Matty is aces, Janeray. I hope you get it, man. I wanted it, too, but alas I'm broke haha

This uke has been sold! Thanks Mattyukaholic and UU :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom