Ohana Sopranino

DazW

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Ohana SK-21M sopranino? Mine should arrive next week and I'm just wondering which strings would suit it best. I presume standard soprano strings would be fine?

Good ol' worth clears! I agree that they sound best tuned up a touch. Go with D tuning or up to Eb for the sweetest, loudest sound. A little extra string tension can help a bit with those short scaled ukes. Have a ball with it, they're heaps of fun!
i think I'll try the Worth clears next go round. I have those on quite a few old sopranos. I like the sound.

Does anyone have the Ohana SK-21M sopranino? Mine should arrive next week and I'm just wondering which strings would suit it best. I presume standard soprano strings would be fine?

i heard there is a pocket uke that can actually be tuned DGBE im not sure how true that is. I think their a cool idea but i dont like how they sound way way way way to tiny and plinky for my taste and honestly very difficult to play because of the size.

Thanks for your replies. I have a set of Worth clear lights which I'll try, if they're too slack I'll get some mediums. I'm looking forward to trying some different turnings, maybe higher tuning will help intonation? I do have quite big hands but soprano is my favourite size and I quite like the challenge of getting a nice sound from such a tiny uke! Also ordered an Ohana SK-50G so the sopranino will be my second uke and just a nice change occasionally. There's a video on Vimeo of HMS Corey playing the SK-21M, that's what inspired me to buy one

http://vimeo.com/87325258

Top Bottom