WTB hardbodied electric uke

http://monkeywrenchmusic.com/ makes my favorite, but i'm looking for one that might not cost me $900 bucks lol

http://bluestarguitarcompany.com/ukuleles/1811901

Monkey wrench / RISA etc are good brands but the all american
underdog (which needs more credit around here) blue star may be
exactly what you need, for a reasonably priced electric uke built
by a lluthier and not a factory made instrument.

blue star konablaster.
Stock models sizes soprano and baritone
soprano 300, baritone 325.
The stock models have a 'psycho burst' finish
which is really interesting looking and a canned ham/pineapple shapped body. The baritone which i recommend has a adjustable trus rod and has a sound and feel similar to a fender strat (which happens to be my favorite electric guitar). He will also make you a custom uke which will be well under 600 if you get a basic guitar body shape and custom size like tenor. It starts to cost a bit more when you ask for finished wood, but still will be under 900. I recommend just getting the baritone konablaster from elderly music and ask them to install a second strap peg at the heal of the instrument. You won't regret it.

And not to be condescending but the term is actually 'solid body'

Last edited:
:agree: My "custom" 19" tenor/baritone was under $400. What size and features are you wanting?

Consider a Pono solid body. They are excellent.

Hey sam your inbox is full! ( sry not really the right place for this) :D i have one of the cheap sojing solids,its.nylon too but fun for just messin around!

Hey sam your inbox is full! ( sry not really the right place for this) :D i have one of the cheap sojing solids,its.nylon too but fun for just messin around!

don't bother with a nylon. Get a blue star a real solid body steel string electric for a modest price that looks,feels and sounds great!

I thought there was a Pono TE-1, about six months old, with amazing curly Acacia top, in UU Marketplace within the last few days.

:agree: My "custom" 19" tenor/baritone was under $400. What size and features are you wanting?

Tenor is my favorite size to play, I'm still considering features etc as its' kinda dependant on the overall cost/quality of the instrument

You can get a 17" if you like or get 19" "long scale tenor" and tune it GCEA. Check my NUD link in my signature for features on mine for under $400 shipped. Excellent quality for the cost and you could go even cheaper - mine has extra tone knob and coil splitter so it's almost like getting a 2nd pickup for next to nothing. If you wanted a 2nd pickup or higher output pickups or real wood finishes, then you start getting into big bucks like the Monkey Wrench but you don't have to. So far I haven't found anything I'd change about mine.

Tenor is my favorite size to play, I'm still considering features etc as its' kinda dependant on the overall cost/quality of the instrument

blue star can make you a nice custom tenor with a humbucker, and nice wood finish and it will most likely cost you under 600 bucks.
and expect very high quality luither made electric ukes from blue star no factory bs and made right in america!

You can get a 17" if you like or get 19" "long scale tenor" and tune it GCEA. Check my NUD link in my signature for features on mine for under $400 shipped. Excellent quality for the cost and you could go even cheaper - mine has extra tone knob and coil splitter so it's almost like getting a 2nd pickup for next to nothing. If you wanted a 2nd pickup or higher output pickups or real wood finishes, then you start getting into big bucks like the Monkey Wrench but you don't have to. So far I haven't found anything I'd change about mine.

monkey wrench look fancy but i'd honestly doubt they would say much better than blue star it feels like a high end fender strat
has a great blusey tone, great rock tone, and nice jazzy tone works for many styles and is half the cost or less even dpending on what you
get than monkey wrench.

Would consider a Blue Star. Do they have a radius neck? Could I get I one? What strings do you use with it? I would be looking for Tenor tuning. Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know. Cleared out now.

On the Blue Star Ukes ... looked on YouTube and couldn't find any samples ... do you guys know where to find one?

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Tenor-Solid-Body-Electric-Curly-Mango-Deluxe

I was wrong. It's mango. And quite a bit less than $900. l,ol And, buy at this price, resell someday at $100 less since it's a desirable uke, and cost of ownership for as long as you want is around $100.

Enjoy! Electric hardbody ukes are k-a$$. I own two and adore them (three if one counts my Risa stick, which is only semi-k-@ss)

Would consider a Blue Star. Do they have a radius neck? Could I get I one? What strings do you use with it? I would be looking for Tenor tuning. Thanks.
I think mine is flat but you could ask. They are standard electric guitar strings. My 19" can do DGBE and GCEA - with different string gauges of course. I think low G (or low D) would work better especially as you start turning up the gain, but if you wanted to try reentrant, hey, go for it.

On the video question, if you search for Konablaster you'll find a few but they're mostly the soprano version which sounds *nothing* like mine I can tell you. I keep meaning to make a vid but can't seem to get around to it. Soon hopefully.

Hi Jay, we have a CE-1 Ko'olau Tenor excellent condition with a custom case that we would sell you for $900, its listed on our web site, ukulele.mx, for $1200. The only other charge assuming you live outside the State of FL would be shipping approx. $23. Check our web site for pics. If you are interested contact us at n3epj@yahoo.com Dixie Ukuleles, thanks Bev

I think mine is flat but you could ask. They are standard electric guitar strings. My 19" can do DGBE and GCEA - with different string gauges of course. I think low G (or low D) would work better especially as you start turning up the gain, but if you wanted to try reentrant, hey, go for it.

On the video question, if you search for Konablaster you'll find a few but they're mostly the soprano version which sounds *nothing* like mine I can tell you. I keep meaning to make a vid but can't seem to get around to it. Soon hopefully.

not trying to do shameless promotion
but if you go to my bandcamp page linked in
my signature and listen to a dream of someplace
else ep you can hear how the baritone sounds

Top Bottom