Kepasa Tenor, Gypsy model, Engelmann Spruce/Pheasantwood Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
Kepasa Tenor, Gypsy-Rose model, Engelmann Spruce/Pheasantwood Ukulele

SOLD!!!

Kepasa Tenor, Gypsy-Rose model, solid highly figured Pheasant-Wood body, Mahogany neck with Engelmann Spruce top.

Up for sale is a Kepasa Ukulele made by Kevin Crossett in VT. Kevin is one of the best luthiers out there today. This ukulele is the "GYPSY-ROSE" model. It features Hawaiian Pheasant-Wood with very nice figuring on the sides & back complimented by a nicely done Mahogany neck. It also features an Engelmann Spruce top with black/White/Black binding on the top and around the soundhole. The fretboard and bridge are ebony. The scale of the instrument is 17-inches. The current price of a new Gypsy-Rose model is $1,300 + Extras, along with months of waiting.

This is a custom built ukulele crafted to my specifications by Kevin Crossett.

Additional information about the Gypsy-Rose model can be found at http://www.kepasaukulele.com/

This is a warm sounding instrument with great note definition and balance across the strings. It is amazingly easy to play with great action and terrific intonation due to the compensated saddle and zero fret.

The uke is in nearly mint condition and includes a hard foam case.

Overall a truly a great instrument, but I need to sell this one due to personal changes in my life.

SOLD!!!

Attachments

• gr8.jpg
    gr8.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 115
  • gr9.jpg
    gr9.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 134
  • gr10.jpg
    gr10.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 109
  • gr5.jpg
    gr5.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 104
  • gr12.jpg
    gr12.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
This is so tempting! I've been wanting to order a concert size Gypsy Rose. How is the volume and projection on this?

Nice looking uke.

Three Questions:

1. Does this uke have a radius to the fretboard?
2. The pictures you are showing are the ones from the website ... is this the same uke? If not, can you post pictures of your uke?
3. Do you have a sound clip of it?

Thanks very much.

Volume and projection: Nice and responsive...one of my louder ukes.

No radius to the fretboard.

This is the one of the two VERY FIRST Gypsy Rose ukes which were made concurrently. The other was made for Chef Jeff on FMM. This is my ukulele on the website...I was the one that found this exact piece of Pheasantwood. You can confirm with Kevin if you'd like. (BTW...Good luck finding more Pheasantwood)

I do not have the equipment to do a sound clip.

Thanks for the interest. This is also for sale on FMM and CL.

Last edited:
I absolutely love my Gypsy Rose (a concert). These are great instruments, and Kevin is a great guy who stands behind them 100%.

More Pics...showing the neck profile and other angles.

Attachments

• Additional Kepasa 001.jpg
    Additional Kepasa 001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Additional Kepasa 004.jpg
    Additional Kepasa 004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Additional Kepasa 005.jpg
    Additional Kepasa 005.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Additional Kepasa 002.jpg
    Additional Kepasa 002.jpg