St. James Infirmary Blues

wwelti

Reaction score
Now that's something I'm really not used to... I guess I'll have to learn a lot.

Best Regards
Wilfried

Thank you all! :)

Best Regards
Wilfried

Lovely playing with a nice touch, I really enjoyed listening to that. Thanks!

Thanks a lot, my friends! Danke auch Dir, Miriam!

It's a very atmospheric tune indeed, and I may try to learn improvising a bit more to it.

Best Regards
Wilfried

I love the precision with which you play this tune.....and please do not take this the wrong way ....but I think you just need to get down and a little bit dirty with it :shaka::rock: a bit loosey goosey.........lol

love it though.....

Jarvo

(There are those that will "Hate" me for this post .Don't bother.)

Hi CeeJay,

I think you're right, I'm playing it too tidy for a Blues. However I think Blues is not just music but also a kind of lifestyle, and to be honest, I'm not a Blues guy. And it would probably look a bit funny if I tried to imitate one.

I came to the conclusion that it's probably right that I play the music in my personal style, it's maybe not authentic for Blues, but it's authentic for me. ;)

Best Regards
Wilfried

I came to the conclusion that it's probably right that I play the music in my personal style, it's maybe not authentic for Blues, but it's

Wilfried, I really enjoyed the way you played it - I think you're on to something about playing in your personal style! I'm not much of a blues type myself, but I've always loved this song and I'm now inspired to learn it in my own style... exactly what that is, I'm still trying to figure out :)

Hi CeeJay,

I think you're right, I'm playing it too tidy for a Blues. However I think Blues is not just music but also a kind of lifestyle, and to be honest, I'm not a Blues guy. And it would probably look a bit funny if I tried to imitate one.

I came to the conclusion that it's probably right that I play the music in my personal style, it's maybe not authentic for Blues, but it's authentic for me. ;)

Best Regards
Wilfried

Hey that attitude is the Blues right there ........you can't live a " blues life style" these days perhaps,(and thank God) but you can still feel the blues....

a classical player doesn't wear a periwig and lead a baroque lifestyle...but he/she will play baroque music......

I really am not having a dig ...your playing is sublime.

Wilfried, I really enjoyed the way you played it - I think you're on to something about playing in your personal style! I'm not much of a blues type myself, but I've always loved this song and I'm now inspired to learn it in my own style... exactly what that is, I'm still trying to figure out :)

Everybody should play in their own personal style.......and a little nod to the source doesn't hurt.......but your own style is boss...

Thank you all. It's interesting to talk about these things, and now I feel a bit more confident about my playing :)
CeeJay: You're right, a classical player doesn't live a baroque lifestyle, but he plays baroque music a *lot* and is at home in this music. Same counts for a Blues player -- he doesn't necessarily have to feel "blue" all day long, however he plays the Blues a lot, and so he's at home in this kind of music and so it'll be authentic for his style.

I have to say that I like all styles of music (almost, at least), but I'm a bit focused on classical music because of those dreaded copyright issues which are in Germany much more relevant than in other countries (sadly). So this is probably one of the reasons why I'm at home in classical music mostly...

Best Regards
Wilfried

Top Bottom