Attempting the Baritone

BigD

Reaction score
Well ive been bitten by the baritone bug. Ive only tried one once before but i love it. these days my guitar seems too big and my tenor too small. I was trying to make my way by trade of a current tenor but my lucks been pretty shy on that. So my question is what is, in your own opinion, one of the better budget baritones? 100 to 150 price range. Not a fan of lanikai, just throwin that out there. and is there much of a difference in sound/playability between the kala-makala baritone and the kala mahogany? Any info on other brands would be great!

Well ive been bitten by the baritone bug. Ive only tried one once before but i love it. these days my guitar seems too big and my tenor too small. I was trying to make my way by trade of a current tenor but my lucks been pretty shy on that. So my question is what is, in your own opinion, one of the better budget baritones? 100 to 150 price range. Not a fan of lanikai, just throwin that out there. and is there much of a difference in sound/playability between the kala-makala baritone and the kala mahogany? Any info on other brands would be great!

A vintage Favilla baritone does it for me. You should be able to get a nice one around/under $300. My Favilla sounded to me better than a Kamaka HF-4, maybe it was the mahogany vs. koa.

Get a solid mahogany Harmony or Silvertone for 80-100 bucks on eBay.

I'd go for kala they make pretty solid affordable ukes.
Or try to find a vintage harmony i've seen them go from 150-200
and they have that nice classic vintage sound.

Be sure to search your local craigslist. I picked up a Mahogany Mainland Baritone in mint condition for $150 on my local craigslist. I absolutely love it.

Top Bottom