PDA

View Full Version : Would you have just one uke if you found THE ONE?

dhoenisch
06-24-2014, 02:42 AM
Hey all, I've been doing some pondering lately, and thought it would make for a bit of a fun and interesting discussion...

If you found THE ONE uke you always wanted, regardless of the cost, and had to give up most, or all of your others to get it, would you?

I have some long sought-after ukes (for me anyway), most of them in my signature, but I think, if I found that ONE vintage 1920's/30's era Martin soprano in really good condition, either in Koa or Mahogany (since I have played and love both), I believe I'd be willing to sell or trade ALL of my ukes for it, and make it my one and only as I doubt I'd really ever play any of the others.

Anyhow, just a thought. How about you all? Is there that ONE uke you'd be happy enough with that you wouldn't really need the others?

Dan

Olarte
06-24-2014, 02:48 AM
No the Uke is simply to versatile to have just one.

Between the different sizes, woods, tunings etc. At most I would narrow it down to 3 or 4 and Even that is limiting it a lot!

Interestingly even though I also play classical guitar, there I only have/need/want one guitar which I'm very comfortable with.

RichM
06-24-2014, 02:49 AM
I've already found "the one," in ukes (Maui Music), Guitars (Allen Beardsell), and mandolins (Peter Coombe). These are lifetime instruments that I plan to have forever. However, that does not stop me from tasting and collecting other instruments. I enjoy variety of tone and playing experience, so having different instruments in my arsenal is important to me. I also enjoy the process of collecting, so learning about different builders and how those ukes feel and sound is a lot of fun and musically satisfying.

In reading forum posts for various instruments over the years, there will always be those who want the one instrument that speaks to them, and there will always be those who enjoy the variety of having different instruments to choose from. That's what makes life fun!

John Entwistle agrees with me:

http://youtu.be/tcPja9mjgqc

sukie
06-24-2014, 02:54 AM
I have found THE one. A Moore Bettah super-concert.

PhilUSAFRet
06-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Most? Yes. All? No Most of my ukes wouldn't be missed all that much if I replaced them with a "dream uke." Some, like my inherited Martin pre-war O, will never go. Recently acquired a Kamaka White Label soprano I'd probably keep, and my solid koa Mele tenor given to me by my wife and son. The rest?

pixiepurls
06-24-2014, 04:18 AM
Hey all, I've been doing some pondering lately, and thought it would make for a bit of a fun and interesting discussion...

If you found THE ONE uke you always wanted, regardless of the cost, and had to give up most, or all of your others to get it, would you?

I have some long sought-after ukes (for me anyway), most of them in my signature, but I think, if I found that ONE vintage 1920's/30's era Martin soprano in really good condition, either in Koa or Mahogany (since I have played and love both), I believe I'd be willing to sell or trade ALL of my ukes for it, and make it my one and only as I doubt I'd really ever play any of the others.

Anyhow, just a thought. How about you all? Is there that ONE uke you'd be happy enough with that you wouldn't really need the others?

Dan

I think I would always want a low G and a regular G. So two would be required :D

Doc_J
06-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Having more than one will let you rediscover instruments and keeps it fresh. Also some ukes sound better on some songs than others. Plus I like different strings, different tunings.

I was able to take a good look at the equipment onstage at a recent Springsteen concert. The Boss had at least 12 different guitars there for the show. Many were duplicates with I guess different tunings, strings.

RAB11
06-24-2014, 04:59 AM
Having more than one will let you rediscover instruments and keeps it fresh. Also some ukes sound better on some songs than others. Plus I like different strings, different tunings.

I was able to take a good look at the equipment onstage at a recent Springsteen concert. The Boss had at least 12 different guitars there for the show. Many were duplicates with I guess different tunings, strings.

I always love checking out the kit before a gig.

Did he play all 12?

PereBourik
06-24-2014, 05:04 AM
Nah. Ukulele are like candy or chips. Can't stop with just one. I don't need to have all of them. But there are distinct differences between the ones I have that make them all desirable to me. I can only think of about three more that i "need."

Icelander53
06-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Yes I would but I'd want a duplicate as a back up. Once you play a really nice uke you can forgo the others IMO. This is what fuels my UAS, the search for a really satisfying uke. My Gretsch plays better than any other uke I own including the Ponos. Unfortunately it was inexpensive and so not the best sounding. Not solid wood. But if I had to keep only one that would be it.

Doc_J
06-24-2014, 05:16 AM
I always love checking out the kit before a gig.

Did he play all 12?

Can't say for sure. But his guitar tech, Kevin, was swapping out a guitar after a song or two.

fretie
06-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Hummm....funny that you would start a thread like this as I was just thinking this week, after acquiring my first Kamaka, a stock koa soprano, that this may be the only uke I play. I did not get the Kamaka with the intention of finding a one singular uke to play but this particular uke, ore than any other that I have owned or played, really feels like it is a perfect fit both physically and in terms of sound.

Time will tell. If I play this uke exclusively and the other two that I have carefully selected while on my uke hunt don't get any attention then eventually they will find new owners.

One uke only... could be... might be... time will tell.

katysax
06-24-2014, 05:24 AM
No. There is no "the one" and if there were I'd still want different ones. Every one is different and unique.

bnolsen
06-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Not with little kids in the house. The nice one (martin oxk) lives in a hard case, the lanakai sits around the house.

Hammond
06-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Different people with different preference, that makes the world fun and beautiful.

I myself have found a lifetime ukulele, which only arrived 3 days ago. It is not a mass production uke, it has every characteristic I was looking for, the best one in my affordability circle. This is my second ukulele (I have bought more than those two, but all gift to others). Therefore, my UAS was just started, then already cure.

My first uke, it will be back up uke, and it is special landmark of my ukulele journey.

I respect people purchase as many, try as many, resell, or collect ukuleles. These are healthy activities.:D

actadh
06-24-2014, 05:54 AM
I could easily keep my Luna spruce top concert and get rid of all the rest, which are entry and mid level sopranos. The Luna has the best set up - not surprising as it came from HMS - and the neck length is perfect. I just like the longer concert.

But... that is at this stage/quality of my playing. I think that for a while, there will always be one on the horizon. I have never tried a tenor - my Outdoor Ukulele is still in production. And, I have never tried a baritone.

I have never tried a higher-end ukulele. which will change as I am down for the Clara Roadtrip. That would come the closest at this stage to being my forever uke choice.

So, a few years from now, yes -I can see me with one ukulele. But not now when I am just starting out.

wrestlingmatt51
06-24-2014, 06:17 AM
Quite possibly for most and it would be my main uke. But I like to always have one tuned with a high g and one with a low g, Its nice to have a beater, and I also have a solid body. Plus, I would like to have a banjolele, a resonator, and a baritone one of these days. Their all so different!

Skinny Money McGee
06-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Like other's have said, "there is no one". However, if my house was on fire and could only grab one, it would be my 2011 Kamaka Soprano.

wickedwahine11
06-24-2014, 06:49 AM
I actually have thought a lot about this recently. If I had a singular uke I loved above all others I know it is the only uke I would ever travel with, and probably the only uke I would ever play. But that being said, I would probably want a backup uke - just in case. And then I would have a hard time deciding which of my other ukes to keep as that backup.

I suppose if I had "the one" - OP's term - (in my mind a Moore Bettah), I would keep my KoAloha as the backup with the Kanilea as my reentrant uke. Then the Kamaka because I would not want the other two Ks without that one, for historical reasons if no other. So I could easily sell or give away my KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, my two Kamoa ukes and my Hawaiian Ukulele Company soprano.

But I guess that is a long way of saying even though I would only use the one uke, I would want at least one other - even if it was just for backup purposes.

janeray1940
06-24-2014, 06:53 AM
If I didn't play both low G and reentrant with equal frequency, yes. And it would be my Kamaka Ohta-San.

Since I play both low G and reentrant, I could happily live with just TWO ukes. But like wickedwahine above, I believe a backup uke is necessary - so that makes THREE total, which is where I hope to be very soon (my 4th uke is up for grabs on the Marketplace as I type, with no intentions of acquiring any others).

hawaii 50
06-24-2014, 07:05 AM

Hey Doc
Did you see Bruce's his electric uke...I hear he does play it sometimes when he is on stage....

btw...I have way too much fun playing more than one uke....each one has it own voice/tone and story behind it....I would be bored with just one..and having many helps me to practice every day....keeps things fresh....my 2 cents

Andy Chen
06-24-2014, 07:20 AM
Right now, I almost could live with just my Blackbird Tenor, since it's so versatile and tough. But I would like to wait for my Mya-Moe to arrive next year before I know for sure.

But just one uke is possible. I never used to think I could live with just one guitar and that's all I have now: one guitar, four ukes.

Dane
06-24-2014, 07:22 AM
If that 1 ukulele had everything I desired, then yes absolutely. Fear not the man who owns many guns, fear the man who owns one gun, and uses it well.

mm stan
06-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Ha ha One uke....I dont even know a person with one uke....it is obvious that you don't know the power of the UAS if you're asking this...
everyone I knows strives to upgrade what they have and is never satisfied....there are way too many variables..in size, builders, woods, finishes
strings, tunings etc even If you perceive to have the best, you will always be searching...ukers cannot be monogamous and satisfied with just one or even a few ukes
I know we have even a bigger tendency than other instruments like the guitar, mandolins, flutes etc... there is no hope my friend....

iamesperambient
06-24-2014, 07:38 AM

Dan

If i found 'the one' in each of the 4 four sizes i'd be happy with having only one of each.
I have a feelig one day if i ever obtain a large amount of money i will own 4 kamakas in each size
and be pretty content ...just waiting on the whole rich part.

Doc_J
06-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Hey Doc
Did you see Bruce's his electric uke...I hear he does play it sometimes when he is on stage....

btw...I have way too much fun playing more than one uke....each one has it own voice/tone and story behind it....I would be bored with just one..and having many helps me to practice every day....keeps things fresh....my 2 cents

My wife has taken me to about 7 of Bruce concerts, but never saw a uke. But I did see him play his pump organ in an encore in Charlotte this spring. Pretty amazing to watch someone (let alone someone approaching 65) perform nonstop for 3.5 hours, then sing solo while playing a pump organ. I'd like to be in his shape at his age ( or my current age :) ).

hawaii 50
06-24-2014, 09:06 AM
My wife has taken me to about 7 of Bruce concerts, but never saw a uke. But I did see him play his pump organ in an encore in Charlotte this spring. Pretty amazing to watch someone (let alone someone approaching 65) perform nonstop for 3.5 hours, then sing solo while playing a pump organ. I'd like to be in his shape at his age ( or my current age :) ).

Even Bruce has more than one uke....he has a electric one that looks like a fender strat...you have to pay attention when he grabs it....I think Eddie Van Halen has one too...

here is Bruce with his normal looking uke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MxXRjgcdw

iamesperambient
06-24-2014, 09:07 AM

if your talking about Springsteen he's repping
my home state and Nebraska is one of
my favorite all time acoustic records

Pueo
06-24-2014, 09:14 AM
I could probably get by with three. One Low G, one re-entrant, and one six-string. That would be the absolute minimum.
My dream ukulele is a Moore Bettah, and possibly a 5-string Moore Bettah at that. So a 5-string is Low G and Re-entrant, and does have one octave pair like a six-string so there is a small chance that could be "the one" but until I actually get it I won't know for sure!

kohanmike
06-24-2014, 09:25 AM
When I first started a year ago I had one, but when it went in for a setup, I realized I need to have another for when work is done to one, so for sure two minimum. In the last year UAS had me good; with the two ukes I have on the way, I've gone through 14, but right now I have 4.

mkatz
06-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Ha ha One uke....I dont even know a person with one uke....it is obvious that you don't know the power of the UAS if you're asking this...
everyone I knows strives to upgrade what they have and is never satisfied....there are way too many variables..in size, builders, woods, finishes
strings, tunings etc even If you perceive to have the best, you will always be searching...ukers cannot monogamous and satisfied with just one or even a few ukes
I know we have even a bigger tendency than other instruments like the guitar, mandolins, flutes etc... there is no hope my friend....

I agree!

Mitch

Ukulele Eddie
06-24-2014, 09:53 AM
I agree!

Mitch

Me, too. If I had to have one, it would be my Blackbird Clara because of versatility (sounds good re-entrant and linear; no humidity concerns, etc.).

But to me, ukes are like wine. You need the right one for the right occasion. I sometimes temporarily have 3 but always regress to 2 based on the current agreement with my wife. As she now plays, I'm hoping to get to a steady state of 3 that we share (to wit, she took "our" MP soprano to Japan for the month!). Even then, I will likely continue rotating them frequently. I just truly enjoy that part of the process (and I freely acknowledge if I channeled my UAS energy into even more practice, I'd get better that much faster). Even if we ultimately removed the limit altogether, I don't think I'd likely ever have more than 4-5, which is about as many as I think I could play pretty regularly.

KnowsPickin
06-24-2014, 09:57 AM
I can do with three. I need nice ones in low G and reentrant. But I also want one relatively indestructible one to carry to less hospitable environments, like the woods or beach. Everyone needs one uke that is hard to kill.

But they are habit forming little buggers, ain't they?

NewKid
06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
I like to tell each of my ukes that they're the only one for me. Love the one you're with!

RichM
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I like to tell each of my ukes that they're the only one for me. It makes them play better.

My de Mesquita Ukaferri has delicious curves but a big mouth.

Nickie
06-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Well, 3 ukes does it for me....now I have 4....but I think if I had a MB built and set up the way I want it...I'd probably be tempted to give up the rest....but I'd be afraid to carry it around most of the places I go! Might have to keep my little Ohana concert uke....shhhhhh....

stringy
06-24-2014, 12:02 PM
One quality ukulele would work very well for me. I don't collect things. I am sort of a minimalist and not fond of having a lot of stuff. I tend to like simplicity.

OldePhart
06-24-2014, 12:11 PM
"The one" is a myth unless you play only one size and configuration. Myself, I would need at least three and currently that would be my Boat Paddle 5-string tenor, my Pineapple Sunday, and my Mainland mahogany soprano...with my Pono baritone a close fourth.

I need to start duct-taping the BP, PS, and soprano cases together so if that hypothetical fire ever happens I can save all three... LOL

John

tbeltrans
06-24-2014, 01:32 PM
It is my hope that getting two very fine ukuleles right from the beginning will help to stem the constant to try ukuleles in music stores and tempt myself until I break down and get another. I wanted one in re-entrant tuning and one in low G. Though I know there are still more tunings (on my guitar, one set of strings gives me all the tunings I want since I am not into those few that require string changes), these two seem to cover the kinds of music I want to play. Time alone will tell if my assumptions are accurate.

I know that when I finally got two REALLY decent guitars (an acoustic for fingerstyle and an archtop for jazz), I have been fine. I think we get into trouble when we really, really want a particular ukulele, but don't get that one. Instead, we get lots of cheaper ones and eventually attempt to trade up to the one(s) we wanted. In the long run, that is usually a more expensive approach, with the losses often incurred in trading or selling, while still paying for the one we wanted in the first place. There are exceptions to this for sure, but if we are REALLY honest about the true amount we originally spent on an instrument and we we really got out of it, and what the next one really cost, many of us can see this over time and hindsight.

Not everybody wants an expensive ukulele and a lower cost model may be perfectly fine. But my comments are for those who encounter the instrument that really does it for them, but they just can't justify the expense at the time. I agree with those who have said that there often isn't just one "the one", but I do think there may be fewer that pass though our hands if we get the ones that really fit what we want to play and do it right the first time. The trick is knowing what we want the first time. That is a rather rare condition. :)

Tony

Dan Uke
06-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't just own one uke.

Wicked
06-24-2014, 02:31 PM
One acoustic and one electric would do it for me. Of course, I am still zeroing in on the acoustic, and I am only in the very beginning staged of building the electric - so I have room to play the field...

peaceweaver3
06-24-2014, 05:22 PM

Dan

Yes sir. Koa tenor Flea. I'm gathering funds now. <3 And what other ukes? You mean the one I sent on its way yesterday, + the classical guitar I never.ever play? Yes, give them up I could, and have, and gladly.

I realize this may sound absurd to many of you. And guess what? Reading it, it sounds so to me, too. But it takes all kinds... :D

sukie
06-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't just own one uke.

Boy....I sure am out-numbered.

hawaii 50
06-24-2014, 05:28 PM

You wouldn't take another Moore Bettah as a second uke :)

strumsilly
06-24-2014, 06:09 PM
I think I would always want a low G and a regular G. So two would be required :D

and a barky soprano, and a mello baritone, so no, I would rather have these and at least 2 tenors. If I could only keep one, I'd keep the Koaloha concert, because it's kind of in the middle, and sounds so sweet, but I'm glad I don't have to.

sukie
06-24-2014, 07:11 PM
You wouldn't take another Moore Bettah as a second uke :)

Nope. I told Chuck what I wanted. (I do wish I'd asked for a side sound hole.). But design-wise I let him go for it. Except I did pester him for a sound hole design. I begged. For weeks. I gasped when I saw the soundhole. And that was done early in the process. Chuck made me exactly what I wanted, without me knowing what I actually wanted. He picked the koa colour to go with the soundhole colour. The way the flamingo on the sound hole looks cool when the neck is straight up, but the flamingo's head is positioned perfectly when I play? Or the beautiful tone?

No. I really have a difficult time playing any other ukulele. I love my ukulele.

That being said.....my daughter in-law had her last baby shower on Sunday. I saved the best gift for that shower. I bought soon-to-be baby Aiden a purple gecko ukulele. You bet I will be playing it. And I'm hoping he will eventually, too.

hawaii 50
06-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Nope. I told Chuck what I wanted. (I do wish I'd asked for a side sound hole.). But design-wise I let him go for it. Except I did pester him for a sound hole design. I begged. For weeks. I gasped when I saw the soundhole. And that was done early in the process. Chuck made me exactly what I wanted, without me knowing what I actually wanted. He picked the koa colour to go with the soundhole colour. The way the flamingo on the sound hole looks cool when the neck is straight up, but the flamingo's head is positioned perfectly when I play? Or the beautiful tone?

No. I really have a difficult time playing any other ukulele. I love my ukulele.

That being said.....my daughter in-law had her last baby shower on Sunday. I saved the best gift for that shower. I bought soon-to-be baby Aiden a purple gecko ukulele. You bet I will be playing it. And I'm hoping he will eventually, too.

Yes we are only some of the few....Andrew says one MB is enough too....
I am so happy with my MB don't need another as mine is perfect...tone/wood etc....

but I still have other ukes to play too...I love them all... each one different but it always comes back to my MBU...:)

Wicked
06-25-2014, 01:24 AM

I'm pretty sure that a Moore Bettah could be my "one," if I could ever get one.

armchair_spaceman
06-25-2014, 03:08 AM
Ummm...probably not. Having just sold two pretty decent ukes I was indifferent to in order to fund a KoAloha that I really wanted (and am now thoroughly seduced by). I'd still have at least one other knockabout uke for times and places I don't want to take the K. Beach, bush, boy's weekends, throwing in the panniers on my bike and to leave lying around the house for whenever the kids or their friends want to pick one up. I have a couple of Outdoor Ukes ordered (on the tenor+soprano deal) for that very purpose. And maybe an electric, perhaps. Having developed a firm preference for tenors simplifies things, just a little.

Icelander53
06-25-2014, 06:12 AM
I want one for every room in the house and one for the garage and the shed and one for the car and one for my bike and one in my hiking pack and one to leave at each of my friends houses so I don't have to be hauling them around everywhere. And then of course one that I actually like to play.

greenie44
06-25-2014, 06:23 AM
Nope. I found and acquired what I would consider "the one", my Collings tenor. But I need a low G, a 6 string, an 8 string, a steel string electric and a nylon string electric. And maybe a travel uke.

Teek
06-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Nope. I found and acquired what I would consider "the one", my Collings tenor. But I need a low G, a 6 string, an 8 string, a steel string electric and a nylon string electric. And maybe a travel uke.

Ditto. Love the Collings but still want the Pono pro Classic for linear tuning, the Risa for solid body electric, the two vintage Martins, my custom long scale concert, and my Maui Music six string. I keep thinking I can move along the WL Kamaka concert, but probably not if I put new strings on it. That's not counting a few beaters and wall hangers. I am hesitant to do an actual count at the moment.

It's worth noting that the Collings does not make me suddenly play any better, though it is impeccably built and set up and thus is lovely to handle, but I do really enjoy it. If I was forced to choose only one it might have to be the custom as it is a honey and was built specifically for me, but I would miss linear tuning.

bonesigh
06-25-2014, 10:05 AM
No way! I like all the different flavors!

Ukejenny
06-25-2014, 01:46 PM
I like a variety. Different woods, different strings, different songs, different sizes.

elwyn
01-24-2015, 08:04 AM
I couldn't have just one, no matter how good it is. t have 11 ukuleles, and one is by far my favorite. It is a concert size Koa wood pineapple with a tenor size neck made by Willie Wixom. It is my go to ukulele, and sounds as good as any uke I have ever heard - yes I have heard and played a Martin. However, I find myself picking up some of my other ones from time to time for variety. I enjoy the different sounds and different feels of different instruments. However, if I have to play for others to hear I will almost always go with my Wixom uke.

Debby
01-24-2015, 09:15 AM
I only have one, for now. I'm hoping to upgrade & I will be satisfied. The one I have now will be my travel uke. I'm not the type to have UAS. There's nothing wrong with folks wanting a variety. But I don't see myself having multiple ukes. I would like to have a banjolele. So that would be another I would maybe get....maybe a bari. I'm just easily contented I guess. Plus, I can't financially afford to have full blown UAS. Even though I love my little Shark, I'll be grateful for an upgrade...and satisfied.

flailingfingers
01-24-2015, 10:07 AM
When I played guitar I went the route of acquiring many, trading up, etc. ...GAS. When I discovered the uke I knew the trap of UAS...for me. I started with a KALA travel uke and played it until I was sure the uke, as an instrument, was for me. Then I went right to "the one" based on my experience with GAS. It is the uke I play all the time except on those very rare occasions when the environment might by a danger to it: i.e. the beach. The KALA serves that use very well. It's a nice uke. I have no desire to have many ukes. I like to play my "one". Why would I want others gathering dust? Now that's just me and is based on my guitar journey. Just for the record my "one" is a Collings UTK3 and it just sings ...to me ,and that's all that matters....to me.

katysax
01-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Definitely not. Playing and trying different ukes is too much fun.

deschutestrout
01-24-2015, 10:33 AM
I also like the different flavors and sizes. Someday maybe I'll be content with the ukes I have...then again, maybe not as UAS is strong at the moment :iwant:

PTOEguy
01-24-2015, 10:40 AM
I think there are two things going on for me with an instrument. The first is the wonder and fun of exploring a new instrument, the joy that comes from seeing how many different sounds you can get from different instruments. The second is the joy of playing an instrument that does what you're looking for, and you can play really well.

My recently acquired Clara is the second one for me - It can keep up acoustically with guitars and pianos, it plays softly as well, the tone is great and the response on the whole uke is amazing. Plus the construction is bomb-proof. I expect 80% plus of my playing to be on that one.

That said, I'm keeping my flea because there are places and times I don't want to worry about an expensive ukulele. And I'm keeping my baritone because it is to my mind a different instrument. And I'll probably replace my banjolele at some point...

But I think that if I ever give up on the joy of collecting, there is a one uke.

UkerDanno
01-24-2015, 02:25 PM
ya' know...I'm leaning toward getting a Hawaiian made K-uke and re-homing my Ohana and Martin. I need to keep my vintage Martin, but, I could live with a nice Koa Hawaiian and my Style 0. I mean, you can only play one!

EddiePlaysBass
01-25-2015, 01:37 AM
I have 4 electric basses and an electric upright. I'll never replace the upright because I have too little use for it, and the one I have suits my needs perfectly. As for the basses, my main bass is a Fender Jazz 5-string, but I also have a Squier 4-string which I use for "shady venues" (if I don't want to take the Fender) or when the gig calls for a 4-string specifically. Then there's my "first decent bass", an Ibanez BTB 5-string which I mainly keep around for sentimental reasons; and a cheap 5-string fretless Palmer, which I use if I don't even want to take the Squier :D I have decided there is room for 1 more bass, and if I go beyond that, 1 other will have to go.

So ukulele's: I have one cheapo Mahalo soprano (gifted by friends). I'll keep that, but at some point I'll either decide that uke is not for me or upgrade to a better uke (acoustic-electric, most likely). My self-imposed limit is three, of which the Mahalo is 1. That leaves room for one linear and one re-entrant uke. Should be plenty good for what I intend to do with it, anyway :)

Ukuleleblues
01-25-2015, 04:22 AM
Sure, Not a problem, One Soprano, one Concert, one Tenor, One Bari, one Banjolele, one Resonator, and a backup for each one. Oops forgot a 6 string...

wayward
01-25-2015, 04:40 AM
Well, I have 4 - but 1 is an iuke which I only bought for travelling abroad (& that really doesn't happen often) and another is my first ukulele which I just keep as a spare for anyone who comes round to play if they don't have 1, so I'm sure I could exist perfectly well with just my Pono Acacia concert and my Pono Mango Baritone, both of which I take to gigs. So, though I'd love an electro acoustic redwood top tenor, and an electric baritone I don't actually neeeeed more than 2. I keep reminding myself that every time I check my bank account. :eek: