Season 86 of the Uke--Results!

austin1

Reaction score
I decided to make a new thread for Season 86's results, only because I feel like the last three pages of the original thread are so full of disappointment and shattered dreams that I don't even know how many people would see it if I posted the results there. So...new thread!

First off, sorry again that I took eight million years. In lieu of doing a video, which you could expect to take another eight million years at least, I have decided to just do a text post talking about some of the stand-outs of this season for me, concluding with the winners.

So Season 86 was Third Time's a Charm, where you could enter videos in three categories: Disney, Queen, and Classical/Opera. The highlights of each sub-season to me were:

Disney:

pabrizzer--can you feel the love tonight: I love that song, and I thought your version was really beautiful and quiet.

ukuleledavey--bear necessities: KAZOO.

dougf--friend like me: YES, the genie! The slide up the neck thing at the beginning was really cool and I liked that you put your own doug spin on it.

jazzbanjorex--zip-a-dee-doo-dah: I swayed back and forth the whole time, it was fabulous.

we tigers--baby mine: Small blonde dutch children are so cute it's obscene. I want to be one of them so that you can sing me that song forever.

southside mike-- zip-a-dee-doo-dah: really cool playing!

srax--under the sea: I loved that you got your whole family involved with the dancing cutouts!

bonesigh--baby mine: really lovely multitracking!

decaturcomp--give a little whistle: Man, I wish I could whistle.

mattydee--I wanna be like you: No, actually, I want to be like you when I grow up. Thanks for that really awesome video!

And the winner of the Disney sub-season is: MATTYDEE! Hooray!

Section 2 was Queen, and here are my favorites:

UkeyDave--I want to break free: I was really hoping someone would do this song, so thank you! I loved your groove and your outtakes.

Raygf--Crazy little thing called love: So good! I loved your take on the song.

Joko--We are the champions: Super cool location and awesome version of that song!

Lelouden--fat bottom girls: Not only was the multitracking amazing, but when you stood up at the end I about died.

Theonlyukethatmatters--under pressure: I loved it so so much! Excellent channeling of your inner mercury/bowie.

Honestly, I couldn't decide between theonlyukethatmatters and lelouden, so I put both of your names into a hat (read: sock) and pulled one out. So the winner of the Queen sub-season is: theonlyukethatmatters!

And now the standouts from the third section, Classical/Opera!

davewavelotsoftypographicalfauna--the phillip glass song: love the multitrack instrumental!

barbablanca--the opera lovers: not only was this one of my favorites of all three sub-seasons, it might be favorite you've ever written.

peewee--habanera: so good! wait, do you actually speak French?

srax--tourdion: super cool and gorgeous, I love that you got your family involved.

wetigers--4'33: HAAAAA.

Stephen Reed--O sole mio: every time I host, there's a few songs I hope someone will do but I'm pretty sure no one will. Except then you did it!

And the winner of the Opera/Classical sub-season is: BERNI!

So yay, winners! Please send me your addresses and let me know if you would prefer a frog, a parrot, or whatever the third keychain was that now I can't remember.

Last edited:
Oh season 86. What a good season of my early days. Thanks for the mention Tina. That means a lot:)

Yay, I got a shout out in your threat. ;-) (oh - you meant thread) lol

Yay, TINA!!!!!

Thanks for everything. Please make sure that folks don't think it was the Seasonistas who sent you to Mongolia. Actually, we'd like to have you around much more than we do. You're awesome.

a very wise person (me) said (and is saying, right now, actually) that stuff takes as long as it takes

and that is a fact

i was sitting around plinking on my uke when the season started

and i am sitting around plinking on my uke right now as it closes

and that is true for most seasons

whether the turnaround is a week and a half

or a month and a half

or half a year and a bit

or whatEVER

spoken now, i have

to winners, congrats of large size, and to host, much thanks

On the short list AND pulled out of a hat?! It's like a double-win. Muchas gracias, Dr. Tina.

OH, MY, GOD........your dog has a face! And it's a cute one!!!

a very wise person (me) said (and is saying, right now, actually) that stuff takes as long as it takes

and that is a fact

i was sitting around plinking on my uke when the season started

and i am sitting around plinking on my uke right now as it closes

and that is true for most seasons

whether the turnaround is a week and a half

or a month and a half

or half a year and a bit

or whatEVER

spoken now, i have

to winners, congrats of large size, and to host, much thanks

Yay, TINA!!!!!

Thanks for everything. Please make sure that folks don't think it was the Seasonistas who sent you to Mongolia. Actually, we'd like to have you around much more than we do. You're awesome.

I sent myself into a self-imposed exile until I judged my season. Now that I have, I have every intention of getting back into the seasons!

Yay Tina! Thanks for this inspiring season. It was such a hoot! Singing Carmen and playing ukulele along with the World Philharmonic Orchestra while wearing a Little Bo Peep costume- it would never have happened without your Opera theme.
Congrats to all the winners!:)

OH, MY, GOD........your dog has a face! And it's a cute one!!!
oh how i wish she was mine!

she's soooooooooooooooooo cute

i am just a connoisseur of dogs in cute outfits on youtube is all

there is another yoda costume in this vid, also a princess leia

(i don't waste my time on the internet, oh no)

mattydee--I wanna be like you: No, actually, I want to be like you when I grow up. Thanks for that really awesome video!

And the winner of the Disney sub-season is: MATTYDEE! Hooray!

Whaaaaaat? Totally unexpected, and I'm humbled. Thanks, Tina! I still owe you a Once collaboration.

Congrats to all the shortlisters and other winners, and thanks Tina for triple the fun, even if it was a million years ago! Waiting this long makes it that much sweeter. Maybe now Pueo will announce his winners. Or better yet, Uncle E!

Top Bottom