1930's teardrop soprano ukulele by Beltone

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
Very rare 1930's beautiful teardrop soprano ukulele by the original Beltone makers. All solid mahogany with dark wood edge binding and sculpted neck to body detail: sides slope in at neck like a ships prow and finish with a little in-turn, really nice. Back overlaps neck in the Hawaiian style of that period. The neck feels like a banjo uke, which makes sense, because Beltone made mostly banjos and banjo ukes in the 30's, and this model makes perfect use of that knowledge. Quality workmanship inside this uke is high, with rounded edges on body supports and good quality kerfing supports. Even the bridge under-plate is rounded off. 21 inches long ; 6 3/4 inches wide; scale length 13 5/8 inches. Light weight. Very nice finish. Couldn't have been played any. Ebony fret board, nickel-silver frets. Bridge is firmly attached. No separations or cracks. There had been a small piece of edge binding on the back bottom that had been replaced by a luthier, which is almost invisible now. Everything on the uke is original finish from the factory in shellac. The back finish was done by the luthier, what he called a minimum amount of french polishing to the back for the blend ins of the edge binding work. Nicely done. One of the tuning pins is different although the knob's still the same. The ukulele still had the original strings which were taken off to polish for the pictures. Only selling due to personal changes in my life. Additional pics per request.

And this one is SOLD!!!

Thank you UU

Attachments

• !BWj4i2wBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBK(+FF3+dQ~~_12.jpg
    !BWj4i2wBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBK(+FF3+dQ~~_12.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 111
  • !BWj4p4!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBK(+FzETsw~~_12.jpg
    !BWj4p4!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBK(+FzETsw~~_12.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 85
  • !BWj4qfQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBK(+F30Z8g~~_12.jpg
    !BWj4qfQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBK(+F30Z8g~~_12.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 88
  • !BWj4j5!CGk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BK(+FL08Cw~~_14.jpg
    !BWj4j5!CGk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BK(+FL08Cw~~_14.jpg
    952 bytes · Views: 240
  • !BWj4n9gBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DwEjlLl)fO9BK(+FovZG!~~_12.jpg
    !BWj4n9gBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DwEjlLl)fO9BK(+FovZG!~~_12.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Very unique-Almost like a Favilla Teardrop.
I don't suppose there's a case included?

Sorry...no case...however I will double box so there will not be any problems during shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom