Ain't She Sweet - Roy Smeck arrangement - Test Drive of 1927 Gibson soprano

johnnyfoodstamp

Reaction score
Well, the gut strings on the ole Gibson have settled and I thought this would be a fitting song for a true "test drive". Here is Roy Smeck's arrangement of "Ain't She Sweet" from the album The Magic Ukulele of Roy Smeck.

UPDATE:

A new Gibson soprano arrived in the mail today. I did the same song for comparison. Same strings. I think the new one sounds better though!

Last edited:
You're one of the best amateurs on UU.

Where can I get my copy of the CD, The Magic Ukulele of JohnnyFoodStamps! Is what I wanna know.

You're one of the best amateurs on UU.

Where can I get my copy of the CD, The Magic Ukulele of JohnnyFoodStamps! Is what I wanna know.

How did you know that is what I was going to call it??? lol

Thanks mate! I'll let you know when I get something recorded. For now my old CD of crappy songs is available on iTune and Spotify (for free).

by the ghosts of Roy Smeck fingers...

LOL. I know it sounds ridiculous but I often like to attach silly made up stories to my ukes just for fun. So I pretend that I traded the Devil my soul for it at the Crossroads and now I can play like Roy Smeck. Just a fun little story I tell myself in my head when I play it. I use to own a UB-2 and I used to pretend that it was the long lost UB-2 that George Formby lost during the war.

Isn't imagination fun!! :) lol

So I got another Gibson soprano in the mail today... hehehe! EDIT: I took the video down of the new Gibby because I want to do a different song with it and use the nice mic and really get a solid recording. This uke is too nice.

Last edited:
well, just listened both of your videos, both ukes sound very good, but I also prefer the new one... and very elegant playing...!

Top Bottom