Unfortunate ukulele Name

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-Wood-Aco...668?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4868d312bc

Whoever came up with the "brand" name for this uke should be fired. But it sure is funny and probably appropriate.

Our products, which are carefully and meticulously crafted, are the combination of excellence in the design of each radian, the processing of each detail, and the selection of each part.
We are perfectionists, expecting to create the sound of nature, and dedicated to making the best instrument to music, so the birth of each ukulele is to convey our faith.

wooooo man i feel sorry for the poor sucker who got fooled by this piece of kaka

The description's good too - I particularly like:

"A folk saying goes that it is a cute instrument which sounds pleasant and is easy to learn, suitable for both adults and children, and it can inspire the potential of rhythm as well. There is no song you can’t play as long as it’s in your hand."

My, that's one pithy folk saying, and certainly one I remember my grandmother saying to me.
My other favourite bit is that, after choosing the wood and making the uke, they listen to the sound of each 'calmly'.

That's what puts me off Kala and Ohana, all that hysterical listening they do...

God bless Google translate. It is a thing of beauty though. I love it too when cheap manufacturers try to make crappy materials and missing parts sound like bonuses... "our soundboards are made from the finest extruded Colombian polyvinyl" (iss plastic innit) or "our decision not to fit the uke with unnecessary parts makes it much easier to keep in tune and play" (iss go' no strings hassit)

The description's good too - I particularly like:

"A folk saying goes that it is a cute instrument which sounds pleasant and is easy to learn, suitable for both adults and children, and it can inspire the potential of rhythm as well. There is no song you can’t play as long as it’s in your hand."

My, that's one pithy folk saying, and certainly one I remember my grandmother saying to me.
My other favourite bit is that, after choosing the wood and making the uke, they listen to the sound of each 'calmly'.

That's what puts me off Kala and Ohana, all that hysterical listening they do...

Isn't that kamaka's modo i thought it was?
Screw kamaka im getting a kaka!

Last edited:
Hey, at least it's truth in advertising! I wonder if OldePhart will try to polish it...

I, for one, am very impressed by their being up front by calling it kaka...

. . . ... so, how many do we order?

;)

If we're lucky, they'll come out with a Poo Poo model..............that would make it a KaKa Poo Poo :rofl:

Change it to Kama and paint a chameleon on it!

"kama kama kama kama kama chameleon, you come and goooooo, you come and goooooooooo..."

Reminds me of the food stand called "Toss My Salad." Ummm...no!

I knew I could count on the UU community to come up with some good comments. Its a good thing I did not have a drink in my mouth when I read them.

Top Bottom