FS- David S. Gill Pineapple Concert

marcocolo

Reaction score
Got this a few months ago in my must buy to hear search for what I think I want. The disadvantage of living in the sticks.
I actually really like this uke but Andrew at HMS helped talk me into a $$$$ gem. And I just got a Kamaka too so this has to go.

This Gill is very articulate and has great intonation, sustain and the action is nice and low. It's also quite loud. And nice and light. Very full sounding. Sorry, not yet setup to do sound samples (nor am I good enough). It's got a spruce soundboard and the rest is mahogany. The back and headstock are a really sweet pillowy, curly mahogany. The only flaw is a small chip out of the bridge- my fault- too small a knot on a thin string that pulled through.
Great hard case that fits perfectly. Asking $300 shipped in lower 48, Paypal. Please e me w/ any questions. Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• DSC00640.jpg
    DSC00640.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC00639.jpg
    DSC00639.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC00636.jpg
    DSC00636.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC00637.jpg
    DSC00637.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Sell a bike and she'll gladly let you buy the Gill, E.

Wow, am I tempted!!!!!!!

A PM was sent. A question also. I see references to David Gill and Gary Gill. Same company? Different members of the same family? Two entirely different Uke designers?

Gary is a member here and is the nephew of David.

A PM was sent. A question also. I see references to David Gill and Gary Gill. Same company? Different members of the same family? Two entirely different Uke designers?

As Jim noted David Gill is my uncle. David builds his ukuleles in Columbus, IN and I build my ukuleles in Greenwood, IN. We build independently. David sells most through a retail music store and I sell via the 'net.

I have a David Gill mahogany/spruce top pineapple concert and it is a great uke. Nice action and sound.

Still for Sale?

What is the status of your UKE?

Top Bottom