anyone try this uke strap?

Looks to me like it'd would dampen the soundboard.

Get one of Lori's uke leashes instead. They're great. I have a couple and my students love them.

I saw them and immediately thought 3 things:
1. Wow that makes a lot of contact with the ukulele and mainly the soundboard
2. It appears to cover the end-pin area, so if you play plugged in, it might be a hassle.
3. What happens if my ukulele tips forward, does it slide out of the rig and hang by the strings?

That said, they look well-made, but not for me thanks. I like traditional straps that I can rely on, and I like strap buttons.

In concurrence with the previous posters, it simply looks like an expensive solution to a problem that didn't really exist. All that leather-work might be great for a fetishist, could be useful for helping control a big dog, even for supporting a banjo or full-size guitar ... but for a ukulele !?!

Thanks all. You make good points. I have thought about the uke leash or installing a strap button, but I wanted a hands free solution without modifying my uke. Oh well, what seemed like a perfect solution does have its flaws.

I haven't tried that or even seen one. It looks like a lot of time went into making it. They are nice looking. I do have a uke leash and really enjoy it.

I've put strap buttons on every one of my ukes, but a Uke leash from Lori Apthorp would be a very good choice.

And if you want to buy some really nice strap buttons or end pins then try Bob Colosi in Georgia http://www.guitarsaddles.com
I always upgrade my guitar pins, if they need it, with pins from Bob's range. Beautiful bling and make your instrument sound better by replacing plastic nuts, saddles, etc with bone,ivory,fossil walrus.

This looks like a good hands-free strap that doesn't require a strap button. I'm surprised I can't find anyone else making them.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Artistaya4u

I'm sure it's useful but looks hideous!
I'd rather take my uke to a shop and have
them install strap pegs in fact I'm thinking
about it I hate how those king of straps
wrap around the sound hole and body it's
just so ugly!

Here is another solution if you don't want to modify your ukulele.

http://www.honupicks.com/honupicks/products_ukeloop.html

I kind of like this "ukeloop" strap except having that glued on plate exposed all of the time. As of now, I'm going to try to not place a strap button...call it just trying to keep the uke "original" if I can. I may go with something like this "ukeloop" and put velcro or some other hook/loop fastener on it and the back of each uke so I could switch the strap out. If I do decide to go strap button, are there any more "low profile" buttons? Re: original post and product. I don't like.

I haven't tried that or even seen one. It looks like a lot of time went into making it. They are nice looking. I do have a uke leash and really enjoy it.

Thanks ukejenny. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the way they look. It seems we are outnumbered though.

Here is another solution if you don't want to modify your ukulele.

http://www.honupicks.com/honupicks/products_ukeloop.html

Thanks Dulcilo. I had seen these before but forgot about them.

I kind of like this "ukeloop" strap except having that glued on plate exposed all of the time. As of now, I'm going to try to not place a strap button...call it just trying to keep the uke "original" if I can. I may go with something like this "ukeloop" and put velcro or some other hook/loop fastener on it and the back of each uke so I could switch the strap out. If I do decide to go strap button, are there any more "low profile" buttons? Re: original post and product. I don't like.

Good idea drewp. Please update if you make the Velcro/ukeloop idea work. That may be something I'd like to do.

And thanks again for everyone else's input. This really helps me (and hopefully others).

nope....very pricey....lots of strap....I'd rather show off my uke than all that strap....

Top Bottom