Anybody heard from KPK lately?

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm having trouble reaching KPK for the past two weeks. I had an email exchange for several days around the 10th-12th of June but my last email went unanswered. I sent another 2 days ago with no answer. Anybody know if Jason is OK?

I don't know anything first-hand, but I've seen the same question elsewhere quite recently.

Jim, I lost contact with Jason as well. I had emailed back and forth with him and finally zeroed in on exactly what I wanted and "poof" he disappeared. He was really good to answer questions and help, I can't imagine him just ignoring everyone, I hope all is well with him. I waited for a couple of weeks with no reply and moved on and purchased another uke. I would still like to have a KPK, maybe a pineapple. We'll just have to see how it goes, I would be interested in knowing what's going on as well.

Papa

Same here - had pretty much settled on a pineapple longneck and poof. Got a Kala SLNG to tide me over but I still want a look at that KPK.

Jim, I lost contact with Jason as well. I had emailed back and forth with him and finally zeroed in on exactly what I wanted and "poof" he disappeared. He was really good to answer questions and help, I can't imagine him just ignoring everyone, I hope all is well with him. I waited for a couple of weeks with no reply and moved on and purchased another uke. I would still like to have a KPK, maybe a pineapple. We'll just have to see how it goes, I would be interested in knowing what's going on as well.

Papa

I guess he does not want the business....
kind of funny how this works...if people can not get ahold of a uke or uke company...they want it more?...trying to be funny...:)

I have no inside info but I have dealt with Jason and get the impression that he's a one man band doing the importing, set-ups, shipping, etc. pretty much solo. I don't know this for certain, just my impression. That's a difficult thing to do and make a profit. I hope all is well and do I like the KPKs.

Understood, but even a little communication goes a long way towards keeping a happy customer base. Something like "I'm swamped with orders and I'll get back to you next week" or "I'll be out for two weeks vacation" or a banner on the website - something.

Understood, but even a little communication goes a long way towards keeping a happy customer base. Something like "I'm swamped with orders and I'll get back to you next week" or "I'll be out for two weeks vacation" or a banner on the website - something.

Absolutely. Sometimes there is no excuse unless something unexpectedly bad happens. Just making that point, but I do agree with you.

He's a one man business....everyone has emergencies or vacations....I hope he is well
there are only to KPK dealers for the US....the other person is Ken (chiang) in hawaii too..

Just noticed on the KPK site the upcoming section is empty? The longneck model info is GONE !

Yeah, that happened a few weeks ago for a day or so. I thought it meant they were moving to the main section, but then they came back to Upcoming. I wouldn't read too much into that either way at this point.

Yeah, that happened a few weeks ago for a day or so. I thought it meant they were moving to the main section, but then they came back to Upcoming. I wouldn't read too much into that either way at this point.

Then I guess someone is "minding the store". LOL

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask Mr. Hanks when we will see a review on the Iriguchi ukulele. The Keystone caught my eye, but you don't see any reviews on the ukes. Trying to save up, hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to purchase one.

JoZe: Yeah, I'm been remiss. Too much real life getting in the way. In the meantime, feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about that one.

Top Bottom