General Forum Etiquette Suggestion

Kamanaaloha

Kanaka
UU VIP
Reaction score
If you respond to a post by private messaging the poster...please ensure that you can in turn receive those, or please do not send them as a PM. This practice can be very irritating, and win yourself a selection to the ignore list du jour.

I can remember when I was a new member and didn't realize I had to empty my in-box once in a while.

I just found out my inbox was full when someone tried to PM me - I got an automated message telling me that it was full and stating who tried to send something. I thought this was pretty cool - not sure if it's a setting or what, but I'm glad it's there, because as others have noted, I wouldn't have known it was full either.

I don't check mine either....until I get an alert....then I empty it all....but if you PM me, you will get a reply....

Heck mine could be full right now and I would have no idea. I don't check that kind of thing.

I never think of my either. When I do finally they are months old. In other forums they have a blinking PM sign so you can be alerted you have mail. I just never think to check here.

I never think of my either. When I do finally they are months old. In other forums they have a blinking PM sign so you can be alerted you have mail. I just never think to check here.

Well for me at least, the notifications tab in the top right turns blue when I have a PM.

Now that we're talking about PMs, I realized I forgot to respond to one.....

Ive been guilty of this as i dont check my email as often as uu :( usually im the one who missed out so its my own darn fault!! Gottin better about it tho :D

In the General Settings you can set so you'll get a pop up here or an email notice when you get a PM, that way you don't have to remember. I know I'm too old to remember...

Top Bottom