My DS hinges are cracking! :(

So I don't know why but my DS hinges started to crack. at first it looked like the whole top part would snap off! I've never dropped it or anything but it looks like the plastic is just cheap or something..

Anyone have this happen? I just krazy glued it back together for now.. I hope it holds.

The same thing is slowly happening to me. I take really good care of all my belongings and I was really pissed when I found the crack. I might sell it and buy a new one because I can't stand to look at it.

ooh..a crack in the hinge is the worst for a ds. if the top comes out..well it wouldnt work i think.

do u have the white DS? cuz those are known to be weaker than the other colors, i know a few people that it happened to. don't know how u gonna go about fixing it, but maybe call nintendo and see if ur warranty is still a go

do u have the white DS? cuz those are known to be weaker than the other colors, i know a few people that it happened to. don't know how u gonna go about fixing it, but maybe call nintendo and see if ur warranty is still a go

aw man thats so lame. Yeah my DS is white. Well the crazy glue seems to be holding up pretty well, but there is always that threat that it will snap off...:(

Mines white too. I think I might just buy a new blue one.

I've heard this is pretty common. Try calling nintendo support, if it's no too old they may just send you a new one. Nintendo tech support is well known for being awesome.

I've heard this is pretty common. Try calling nintendo support, if it's no too old they may just send you a new one. Nintendo tech support is well known for being awesome.

Thanks. I might give that a shot.

Okay, so I just had a 24 minute conversation with "Lem" the nintendo customer service representative. He was really helpful, but kinda slow at his job.. I was getting kinda annoyed how long the process was taking.

The cost to repair the DS would be $75 or the other option would be to replace the DS for $90 for a factory refurbished unit that comes with a 1 year warranty. You have to pay for your own shipping to one of their three repair centers in the U.S. (washington, california, and new york)

The options that were given to me didn't sound so great. $75 bucks to repair the DS I bought for $129? I don't think so. I might as well buy another DS on ebay or something. My DS is over a year old so that might have something to do with the super high costs. So if your DS is still fairly new then you might have a chance to get a free repair.

By the way if you want to find out for yourself you can call the Nintendo Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available every day from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific time.

Okay, so I just had a 24 minute conversation with "Lem" the nintendo customer service representative. He was really helpful, but kinda slow at his job.. I was getting kinda annoyed how long the process was taking.

The cost to repair the DS would be $75 or the other option would be to replace the DS for $90 for a factory refurbished unit that comes with a 1 year warranty. You have to pay for your own shipping to one of their three repair centers in the U.S. (washington, california, and new york)

The options that were given to me didn't sound so great. $75 bucks to repair the DS I bought for $129? I don't think so. I might as well buy another DS on ebay or something. My DS is over a year old so that might have something to do with the super high costs. So if your DS is still fairly new then you might have a chance to get a free repair.

By the way if you want to find out for yourself you can call the Nintendo Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available every day from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific time.

You might be best off selling your current one for whatever you can get for it and buy a new one then its amost the same as repairing/refurbishing it.

Top Bottom