Choices narrowed down

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day guys and girls, well after a few days of looking ive narrowed down my uke choices to just a few that im interested in, still undecided weather or not to change upto a tenor, i feel like my uke could do with an extra inch or so (concert uke that is) but here are my choices, basically im just after opinions either from player or seller and whatevers (these are in no specific order)

-OHANA CONCERT CK-35
-KALA KA-KTE Koa Tenor
-OHANA TENOR TK-35
-Koa Pili Koko CONCERT Ukulele (this is basically the exact look i want from my uke, i love the look of it, if there is a better one out there in this price range let me know, i think this is what people where talking bout when they said kpk ukes but i cant find a single like to one, let alone any in australia)
-KA MT MANGO TENOR UKULELE by KALA

im not a fan of the look of the mainland ones, there just not what in looking for in a uke, so as i was saying any help would be awsome, let us know which is the best choice and where i can find a better if there is better, as u can see my price range is under $300US

keithy351, how do you feel about friction tuners vs. geared tuners? I like the look of the Ohana CK-35G, but I'm uncertain about the friction tuners.

keithy351, how do you feel about friction tuners vs. geared tuners? I like the look of the Ohana CK-35G, but I'm uncertain about the friction tuners.

cant comment on it dude, ive never owned a friction tuner uke before, but they look nice setup

Have you considered this one? Click me

Seems like you prefer the darker woods, but I would not overlook this one so quickly. I played a solid spruce top Kala yesterday and it sounded very nice. Also this has an active pickup, and it is a $100 cheaper than the KA-KTE. I love Koa ukes, but I think this one plays better.

Have you considered this one? Click me

Seems like you prefer the darker woods, but I would not overlook this one so quickly. I played a solid spruce top Kala yesterday and it sounded very nice. Also this has an active pickup, and it is a $100 cheaper than the KA-KTE. I love Koa ukes, but I think this one plays better.

my most favourite and wanted one is the Koa Pili Koko CONCERT Ukulele but in a tenor size, this look of uke is what ive been dreaming of, and if they sound like what ive been reading which is a sound very similar to a kamaka soid koa then im jumping on it and buying this one, my one that i got has the white top like the kala u suggest and has turned me way off, and same with the spruce tops, i really dont like em, can anyone else speak for the Koa Pili Koko ukuleles and anyone know where i can get a tenor size one and possibly one in aus???:smileybounce:

Top Bottom