Hapa-Haole Players???

freedive135

Reaction score
Am I the only one here on the Underground????

I just went thru a few pages of the "Song Help" board lookin to see if there was any songs I might like to learn and was kinda suprised that I didn't know hardly any of the songs listed.

I know I am getting old (and UU is for the youngsters :rolleyes:) and kinda out of touch with the radio (I listen mostly to Lounge/Exotica/Reggae/Mambo on my I-thingy) but I didn't see many requests for some of the Ukulele standards.

Just kinda wondering and if you do play'em what are your favorite "Hapa-Haole" ones?

Last edited:
Check out Hapa Haole Songs, unfortunately lyrics only. You may find something you like or remembered. Figure it out and you can share your findings with us older generation players.

Both "Ukulele Lady" and "Tiny Bubbles" are a big part of my repertoire.

Good enough?

Very Good and 2 of my favorites too, Ukulele Lady is the song that turned me on to the whole Hapa-Haole world, Before that I was mostly playing Buffett and Marley stuff. We learned it in my lessons I play it into Honolulu Baby they seem to go good together.
I've been working on adding fingerpicking to Tiny Bubbles!!!

BTW dig the Fez, I've been trying to find a vintage Shriner to fit my big head for awhile now!!!!

I've been trying to learn Jumpin Jim's version of Waikiki for awhile now it's hard...

Last edited:
We play quite a few hapa haole songs in our uke club. They're fun with a group.

Some of my favorites:

One Paddle, Two Paddle

The Hukilau Song

Lovely Hula Hands

Discuss... :D

JJ

I posted a handful of songs on my Youtube account, they include:

Lovely Hula Hands
Hula Lullaby
Dreamy Kalua

Try check 'um out, deah pretty good bruddah!

Top Bottom