Snoozing and Losing ...

Story of my life now, but mostly just the losing part. There's an art to it, I've almost mastered it.

If you want a Moore Bettah you have to put in the time it takes to get one....it really is not "Snooze you lose"it really is how much do you really want one....

It ain't going to happen in 1 month and not in 1 year or 2..unless you are very lucky....I believe Chuck is more popular/in demand then ever as the Whole World(IMO) wants them now.....

wishing out a loud on the UU not going to make it happen....real communication and patience is the key
good luck! :)

my 2 cents

Story of my life now, but mostly just the losing part. There's an art to it, I've almost mastered it.

I think there's some software available to track things like that.

I try to be as fair as I can when I sell my ukes. I'm not sure using website change detection software is really fair but I think it's commonly practiced. (It's not uncommon for me to get several responses within a minute of me posting ukes so I'm sure that's what's going on.) Still, you've got to be at your computer when one of my ukes comes up for sale so luck plays into as well as being clever. I've tried keeping lists of people wanting ukes but then got complaints because my lists were too long. I've tried posting at odd times of the day because people complained that I was posting too late for their time zone. Recently i posted on my Facebook page because it has a wider outreach than my website does thereby giving others who don't normally visit my website a chance. People have proposed that I have a lottery but I really don't have time to do that. I really am trying to be fair to everyone and I really, really appreciate those who are persistent, whether you've been able to buy one of my ukes or not. Your loyalty and patronage means the world to me. Mahalo!

Absolutely, Hawaii 50. It would be presumptuous of me to put myself in the company of those who have been around and hoping for a MB for years, and if Chuck had a list, It would likely run all the way around the Equator and I would be near the end. In this case, I just happened to pick up the iPad two minutes after Chuck posted the listing. I pulled the trigger immediately, and was too slow. C'est la vie, but I thought it was worth remarking on just how popular MB's are. I know how pleased I would be if I offered my work and somebody snapped it up so fast. Shoot, I am out-of-shape and I can hold my breath longer than that ...

Last edited:
Absolutely, Hawaii 50. It would be presumptuous of me to put myself in the company of those who have been around and hoping for a MB for years, and if Chuck had a list, It would likely run all the way around the Equator and I would be near the end. In this case, I just happened to pick up the iPad two minutes after a Chuck posted the listing. I pulled the trigger immediately, and was too slow. C'est la vie, but I thought it was worth remarking on just how popular MB's are. I know how pleased I would be if I offered my work and somebody snapped it up so fast. Shoot, I am out-of-shape and I can hold my breath longer than that ...

Not getting on your or any ones case....:) i was lucky enough to get a Milo/Spruce Moore Bettah last year after watching Chuck's website for 1 and a half years.....and i am happy it took awhile...i got to know Chuck and call him a friend.....he is a one of a kind in the Ukulele World....keep your fingers crossed and good things may happen

btw 2 mins is the average time for someone to snatch up the MB when he puts them up on his website....

Last edited:
Top Bottom