has anyone tried these strings on their tenor?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
Haven't gotten around to trying them nor have I read/seen any reviews on them. LaBella has been in the string business a long time, maybe they have a new formula . . . never know about strings, they could be underrated.

Haven't gotten around to trying them nor have I read/seen any reviews on them. LaBella has been in the string business a long time, maybe they have a new formula . . . never know about strings, they could be underrated.

i have tried them on guitar in the past i was always under the impression they are economy strings....
i may try them but a bit put off by the wound C which i suspect will be a tad to "boomy" for my taste.

I've heard only very good things about LaBella strings. But then again, I love a wound C string. At that price, I'd buy them and give you a full review. But, I don't have a tenor. So....

I've heard only very good things about LaBella strings. But then again, I love a wound C string. At that price, I'd buy them and give you a full review. But, I don't have a tenor. So....

i wish i could hear someone demo them on a tenor before i consider them, the main reason i dont like wound strings is
they turn brown with in 2 days especially playing outside when its hot. and their a bit too boomy but i can deal that
the rust thing however i can't deal with.

i wish i could hear someone demo them on a tenor before i consider them, the main reason i dont like wound strings is
they turn brown with in 2 days especially playing outside when its hot. and their a bit too boomy but i can deal that
the rust thing however i can't deal with.

As far as the "boomy" thing goes, this is an issue with a wound low G. I've never heard it mentioned regarding a wound string #3 (C). I play wound C strings with conventional high G ukes all the time. It never overpowers the florocarbons (which I use). Ko'Olau makes a few sets with wound C strings. I haven't heard any complaints. In fact I met with a friend this week who had just purchased an instrument with Ko'Olau strings with a wound C. He was very skeptical. But after playing it he seems to find the same thing I do about them. The wound C actually helps out with the issue of many (most?[all?]) ukuleles having a bit duller sound from the C, due to its diameter. In my opinion, the wound C actually balances out the sound from string to string.

So, since you don't know and you will hear opinions that disagree with mine, again I think you should try a set. You may dislike it but, then again, you may never go back.

As far as the "boomy" thing goes, this is an issue with a wound low G. I've never heard it mentioned regarding a wound string #3 (C). I play wound C strings with conventional high G ukes all the time. It never overpowers the florocarbons (which I use). Ko'Olau makes a few sets with wound C strings. I haven't heard any complaints. In fact I met with a friend this week who had just purchased an instrument with Ko'Olau strings with a wound C. He was very skeptical. But after playing it he seems to find the same thing I do about them. The wound C actually helps out with the issue of many (most?[all?]) ukuleles having a bit duller sound from the C, due to its diameter. In my opinion, the wound C actually balances out the sound from string to string.

So, since you don't know and you will hear opinions that disagree with mine, again I think you should try a set. You may dislike it but, then again, you may never go back.

ill try it out one of the biggest pet peeves for me with wound strings is with in days the string turns brown from my sweat
that really bothers me :/

I haven't tried them. My to-try list includes some Martine, South Coast, Living Water, and whatnot. I have Worth Clears with a low G (unwound) and love them. My tenor sounds very nice.

Top Bottom