Rhythmic instruments/gadgets for your feet! (?)

Dane

Reaction score
I'm really interested in getting some rhythm instruments to use with my feet while I'm playing. I've seen some where it's part of a tambourine, or a set of bells, or a shaker attacked to the shoe, but I'd like to hear some peoples recommendations if you know of some quality or interesting ones.

Thanks,
-Dane

There are fancy ones I can't afford like this too, maybe someday:
footdrum_top.JPG

I checked out that farmer foot drum a couple of years ago but knew I wouldn't be able to get my feet to do what they needed to do to sound good while playing guitar so I opted for a Porchboard Bass which is very basic but fit my needs. Ellis makes a decent stomp box too.

I will be glad to accompany any of you on timbales - I still have mallets, but will need a hook up for drums. Oh goodness, I just left my reply, mid-type, and looked at timbales on eBay. Then, watched a cajon video on youtube and decided I need one. Someone slap me!!!!!

Stomp boxes easy to make, cigar box size, smaller, or larger. With or without pickups (cheap on ebay). Lots of tutorials on YouTube about how to make one. Stomp boxes without pickups general larger and deeper. Sit slightly off the floor , preferably on small rubber "feet." Seasick Steve uses'em. Here's a video...not a fancy stompbox, but an effective one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzqMJ3Chlxw

Last edited:
I have a hollow stomp box which I tap my foot on when I play. They work better plugged in but my hollow one just works for me acoustically. Honestly I don't think that you want it to be too loud as it could easily overwhelm the ukulele.

Anthony

I'm really interested in getting some rhythm instruments to use with my feet while I'm playing. I've seen some where it's part of a tambourine, or a set of bells, or a shaker attacked to the shoe, but I'd like to hear some peoples recommendations if you know of some quality or interesting ones.

Thanks,
-Dane

There are fancy ones I can't afford like this too, maybe someday:
footdrum_top.JPG

Cant get a lot more straight forward than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2nZF-pZ1g

Top Bottom