Writing tab on iPad

Mphenwood

Reaction score
Does any one know of an iPad app that will help me write tab.

Cheers, Martin.

Tabledit makes an ap for the ipad. I have it, but I have only been able to play Tef files, not create any. I may not know how to work it or maybe it's just a play only ap.

Something like Guitar Pro? I don't know of one. Hope to see some good answers here.

there is also progression but it's difficult at best and D%@# frustrating the rest of the time

I have TEFpad and Progression. Progression is the better of the two in my opinion but I agree there is a learning curve to it and I haven't done anything too fancy with it.

I've been using Tabular recently. The free version works well, but I believe you have to pay if you want the score to accurately reflect tabs in custom tunings. I think the free version also limits the number of tabs you can create. I'll likely pay for the upgrade soon.

Thanks for the help.

I've recently bought Tabular+. A bit disappointing so far. I've posted on their help forum to try to get my issues resolved. I'll let you know if they get it all sorted.

Cheers, Martin.

I just tried the free version of Tabular. Was able to enter tab, but now the app simply crashes each time I try to open it. Very disappointing. I was going to consider buying the full version, but now think I'd be throwing my money away, if I can't get back into the app.

Does it handle uke format? I used top 4 strings of guitar, but would love to find something that us meant for uke, (and doesn't just crash.)

Has anyone found something good yet? I'm making my first attempt at writing tab, so have a steep learning curve, I assume.

I use GP6, the iPad version is free with the PC version.
Combine GP6 and Dropbox and you can work on or use your tabs anywhere.

I'm trying TEFPad, which is basic, but can be set up for ukulele tab, and seems relatively easy to use, (not that I've got the hang of it completely.) I think it cost $5.99. So far, so good. Now I just need to get better at arranging songs. LOL.

Top Bottom