FS: Roy Smeck Harmony Vita in Portland, Oregon $225

Status
Not open for further replies.

portlanduke

Reaction score
Hi, I'm selling my Roy Smeck Vita uke. I haven't been able to play it as much as I want, and uke isn't my main instrumental interest, so I'm selling it. It has some damage and repairs, as can be seen in the pictures, but it sounds nice to me, and I've been told it has a great tone by more serious uke players than me. I prefer to sell it to someone who can check it out in person in the Portland, Oregon area - I don't really want to ship it. I'm asking only what I paid for it - $225 - so my price is firm. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Thanks! IMG_5613.jpgIMG_5605.jpgIMG_5611.jpgIMG_5609.jpgIMG_5607.jpg

I have been after a vita uke I can afford for years. Unfortunately I live in the UK so you would have to ship it internationally to get to me, which seems further than you are currently willing to go. If you can't find a buyer and this is something you would consider then please get in touch. Best of luck with your sale.

I live in Salem, and come to P-town for business and to see my dau and her family. What part of town is your neighborhood? Have you had anyone tell you what repairs are needed? I have a Ukiyo Smeck Vita, but am very interested in a Harmony as well. thecraftedcow@comcast.net

I have been after a vita uke I can afford for years. Unfortunately I live in the UK so you would have to ship it internationally to get to me, which seems further than you are currently willing to go. If you can't find a buyer and this is something you would consider then please get in touch. Best of luck with your sale.

Hi,

You responded to my message about the uke I have for sale and asked about shipping it to the UK.

Well, nobody that lives near me has checked it out yet, and the other people who responded either decided not to buy it or lost interest, so, yeah, I'd consider shipping it, if you're still interested.

I've never shipped any kind of instrument, and I've never shipped anything outside the USA. Have you ever received a uke from another country? How would it work? Could I just go down to the UPS store and they'd take care of it? I recently read some stories about instruments getting destroyed by US customs, but I guess that is coming into the US, not going out. I'm concerned about the hassle of what would happen if it goes missing or is damaged in transit. It's a cool thing, and it seems kinda fragile - I wouldn't want some ham-handed goon to smash it up looking for contraband.

What are your thoughts about these things?

Thanks.

-Trevor

USPS is great for shipping international. quick, least expensive and insured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom