PDA

View Full Version : Eugene's Clearing The Decks Sale

Hippie Dribble
07-01-2014, 08:30 PM
hi everyone, well my financial predicament has finally overtaken me so as ukes are my only collateral, I need to make a lot of tough decisions. I'm keeping 2 sopranos, hence, the rest of my collection is regrettably up for sale.

FOR SALE:

1. Pohaku soprano (chocolatey [very]curly koa) w/ hardcase 1000 <SOLD>
2. Black Bear soprano (macadamia) 450 <SOLD>
3. Ken Timms O soprano (mahogany) 450 <SOLD>
4. Ono 16" concert (curly claro walnut) w/ hardcase 750 <SOLD>
5. National Triolian concert resonator w/ hardcase 1100 <SOLD>
6. Ono baritone w/ hardcase (alaskan yellow cedar/curly maple) 850 <SOLD>
7. Barry Sholder gourd tenor banjo-uke 250 - already listed elsewhere (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?98106-Gourd-Tenor-Banjo-Uke-by-Barry-Sholder-47)

prices in USD are inclusive of shipping. most ukes are close to new and 2 are brand spanking. full details and pics tomorrow. thanks.

mds725
07-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Oooh. I want that beautiful Ono baritone, but I've already got one in the building queue. Sorry to hear that you have to liquidate. I hope things work out for you.

Telperion
07-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Sending PM now. I'm interested in both the Black Bear and the Timms.

Thanks!

-Steve

Jim Hanks
07-02-2014, 02:44 AM
Wow. Sorry to hear of your difficulties Jon. If these are the ones you're letting go, what on earth are keeping? Must be something incredible. I didn't know Chuck Moore made sopranos. :)

I'm kinda like Mark - would have been interested in #4 even though I'm in the build queue for something similar. Hey Mark, maybe you should get #6 and see if David will let you out of the queue - and move me up. :p

sam13
07-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Where are they shipping from?

VampireWeekday
07-02-2014, 03:08 AM
PM sent. Sorry you have to clear house.

coolkayaker1
07-02-2014, 03:20 AM
I bought a Mya Moe soprano from Jon not too far back and can vouch for shipping, Australia to Chicago, being as smooth as petroleum jelly.

Great instruments offered by a great human being.

sam13
07-02-2014, 03:41 AM
I bought a Mya Moe soprano from Jon not too far back and can vouch for shipping, Australia to Chicago, being as smooth as petroleum jelly.

Thanks very much for your input!

dirtiestkidever
07-02-2014, 03:55 AM
... ukes are my only collateral ...

So sorry to hear this Jon. But your ukelele playing/arranging skills are pretty valuable too. Seems like you should be able to profit on that somehow. I can't afford / don't need any ukes at the moment but I would snatch up a eugene ukulele tab book faster than a cheetah with its pants on fire. Just a thought.

Good luck with your sale.

paullchter
07-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Jon -

Sorry to hear about your situation. Tell me more about the Ono baritone. Pics? Let me know how to help!

paul

paullchter
07-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Jon -

I may have screwed up my email. Interested in the Ono bari. Pics?

paul

Cornfield
07-02-2014, 05:27 AM

I had a similar experience with purchasing from Jon and having a uke shipped to Illinois.

aquadan
07-02-2014, 05:35 AM
Jon -

Sorry to hear about your situation. Tell me more about the Ono baritone. Pics? Let me know how to help!

paul

Pretty sure it's this one http://www.onoukuleles.com/ono34.php

KoaDependent
07-02-2014, 06:05 AM
PM sent re: Timms

Student-of-Life
07-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Pm sent for Black Bear Macadamia if still available.

mkatz
07-02-2014, 06:14 AM

I also had a great experience with shipping to CT.

Mitch

Ukulele Eddie
07-02-2014, 07:17 AM
I didn't know Chuck Moore made sopranos. :)

Sure does. In fact there is a pineapple soprano in the gallery on his web site (don't go honkers everyone, it's sold, not something for sale).

Ukulele Eddie
07-02-2014, 07:20 AM
So sorry to hear this Jon. But your ukelele playing/arranging skills are pretty valuable too. Seems like you should be able to profit on that somehow. I can't afford / don't need any ukes at the moment but I would snatch up a eugene ukulele tab book faster than a cheetah with its pants on fire. Just a thought.

Good luck with your sale.

I second all of this!

paullchter
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Jon -

I'm going to be away from my computer/email until Monday. You can email me, but I don't know if I can email back. I want the baritone...unless someone gets to you before Monday.

paul

justinlcecil
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Sorry you had to sell some great ukes and at bargain prices.

bonesigh
07-02-2014, 05:58 PM
That Bari is very pretty and so tempting but what I really need is a quality concert cutaway. I'm on the hunt!

Fisherman
07-03-2014, 01:34 AM
I know it's a for sale thread but just gotta say ... That's a GREAT version of Stormy Weather in your sound clip!

sonomajazz
07-03-2014, 08:53 AM
I know it's a for sale thread but just gotta say ... That's a GREAT version of Stormy Weather in your sound clip!

Nice vid, but you look a little pale JD...hope you're feeling better.:cool:

Is the Ono still up??

TG&Y
07-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Dang. Sorry you are having to clear house, but I surely understand tight times. I'm wondering what the two sopranos you couldn't/wouldn't part with are? And which one is in the loo?
You're one of my favorite players and I look forward to hearing more of you on those two peaches.

"There's a dark and a troubled side of life;
There's a bright and a sunny side, too;..."

Barbablanca
07-03-2014, 09:49 AM
OMG that must be like getting rid of your kids to an orphanage! :(

I hope this forced sale does solve your financial issues, Jon. I agree with an earlier post that you should explore some commercial avenues based on tutorial material. There is a lot of well merited respect for you in this community.

Peace & Love from this old hippy! ;)

danersen
07-03-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: OMG that must be like getting rid of your kids to an orphanage!

... More like the next door neighbors!

lakesideglenn
07-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Sweet looking Jon . .. No video links?
Cheers!

ksiegel
07-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Pohaku is now sold. thanks UU.

National Triolian concert reso and Barry Sholder gourd tenor banjo-uke still available.

You're killing me, Jon.

I really want that National, but have to pay my property taxes instead!

And considering the lowest price I've seen the National for anywhere is about $1300 US, PLUS shipping...

Well, this just breaks my heart.

Please, someone buy that uke! or I'll end up sending Jon $250 a month to keep it! (Like I had offered to do when he had the Mya Moe reso, but he sold it before he got my PM!)

-Kurt

ksiegel
07-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Thanks for your kindness Kurt. :)

Folks, the National Trriolian concert resonator is still available, as is the amazing Ono custom baritone. I honestly believe you will never get a better sounding, playing and looking custom baritone at anywhere near close to this price. Also the Barry Sholder gourd tenor-banjo is still available. Thanks all.

In all seriousness, Jon - if no one buys it by the end of the month, let me know. I will take care of you on this.

-Kurt