Anyone ever done this?

Nickie

Reaction score
Well, this was a new one on me....I went to play for a family of a patient who passed away with me...we got on a large boat, called a 'funeral boat'. I did two songs after the ashes went into the water....while the boat pitched and rocked...I did fine...during one song I teared up and had to stop....it was a young patient...difficult to play on the water in a tossing ship....don't think I wanna make a habit of it....two people got sick, one tossed her cookies overboard (not from my singing and playing LOL)

Sorry for the loss of your patient. Can I ask which songs you played during the service.

Was asked to sing and play "Island Style" at the end of my stepdaughter's wedding on the beach at Ko Olina last September, I don't think I finished 3 bars before I choked up. And recently, playing and singing for a group of Alzheimer's patients, I couldn't finish "Over the Rainbow," either. I sing and play my guitar and Ukes for them about once a month and it's a real joy, tinged by sadness for their condition . . .

bobinde

Was asked to sing and play "Island Style" at the end of my stepdaughter's wedding on the beach at Ko Olina last September, I don't think I finished 3 bars before I choked up. And recently, playing and singing for a group of Alzheimer's patients, I couldn't finish "Over the Rainbow," either. I sing and play my guitar and Ukes for them about once a month and it's a real joy, tinged by sadness for their condition . . .

bobinde

Thank you for doing that for them....CA and Alzheimer's are about the saddest.....especially CA in a young person....

That is so kind and touching. Music really is a therapy.

Thanks! There has never been, in my whole entire life, nothing more rewarding than serving the sick and dying and thier families, and playing and singing to make them feel better! I sleep really good these days, even though hospice is changing so much I want to retire ASAP....and get my ceritification as a clinical therapuetic musician....

.two people got sick, one tossed her cookies overboard

That's called chumming. Too bad you didn't bring your fishing pole.

Top Bottom