PDA

View Full Version : Teaching ukulele to a blind person

addicted2myuke
07-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I have been asked to teach a blind person some beginning chords for her to be able to play some simple songs. I'm not sure what kind of challenges to expect. Are there any blind ukulele players on here, and what kind of advice can you give me? Thanks.

PhilUSAFRet
07-03-2014, 01:15 PM
You could start here too: http://www.musicfortheblind.com/

Have you googled "how to teach music to the blind" ? I'm wondering if your local Association for the Blind can advise you as well?

Camsuke
07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
What a wonderful thing to be involved with! It really does sound like a fabulous idea and I'm sure it will be a greatly rewarding experience for you both. Good luck!

Ukejenny
07-03-2014, 03:26 PM
I think that's really cool. She will probably have a very good ear for music, since her other senses may be heightened from using them to "see".

Kyle23
07-03-2014, 05:53 PM
There is a blind person on this board. They PM'd me about how my video/audio helped them learn how to chuck. Can't remember the name because I emptied my PM box, but I'll try to find out for you.

sukie
07-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Watch this person become an ace ukulele player! Please let us know how it goes. I'm thinking it will be wonderful for all involved.