For people who play "unaffordable" ukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr79

Reaction score
Do you place hand-worked tonewoods above your car repayments? High quality luthiery over and above your family's home? Have you ever had a ukulele you could in no way afford?

Then this is the thread for you!

I'll start. i recently bought a vintage Collings that I really couldn't afford. Sure, the car's been repossessed, the kids are in care as we defaulted on the mortgage then lost the house, and had to move in to a B&B, but that top wood has opened up to the point of absorbing matter. My wife left, my clothes were stolen from my new hostel room, and the dog had to be put down, but... that neck joint! Such sound, such warmth. The tuners are a little slippy, but i'm working on that, just as soon as I scrape the cash together from my new night 'job'. It's not so bad, i mean, i'm never gonna love these men, but i can learn to tolerate them, right?

Right?

Do you place hand-worked tonewoods above your car repayments? High quality luthiery over and above your family's home? Have you ever had a ukulele you could in no way afford?

Then this is the thread for you!

I'll start. i recently bought a vintage Collings that I really couldn't afford. Sure, the car's been repossessed, the kids are in care as we defaulted on the mortgage then lost the house, and had to move in to a B&B, but that top wood has opened up to the point of absorbing matter. My wife left, my clothes were stolen from my new hostel room, and the dog had to be put down, but... that neck joint! Such sound, such warmth. The tuners are a little slippy, but i'm working on that, just as soon as I scrape the cash together from my new night 'job'. It's not so bad, i mean, i'm never gonna love these men, but i can learn to tolerate them, right?

Right?

I think your vintage ukulele was sprayed with a psychotropic lacquer - open the windows of your hostel room if it has any. Otherwise there might be a market in altering minds of geriatric ukulele groups...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom