WTB: Baritone

BigD

Reaction score
Hi folks,figured id post this here before i think about something new, i prefer to buy used anyway (nothing wrong with recycled instruments) Im looking for a baritone, 100-150 bucks. Its not a lot of money, im just hoping for something inexpensive that has been properly set up, those are my main concerns!I would go through HMS,ukuerepublic, or mim but the baritone selection right now seems fairly slim and mostly out of my price range. So if you have a baritone sittin around that doesnt get played because you upgraded or dont care for it, shoot me a pm, im open to any kind of offers! Thanks!

Lookin them up now eugene!! And i for sure thought about it Jim but for some reason lanikais just dont sit well with me. Something about them just never feels right to me and i really couldnt tell ya exactly why! Thanks for the suggestion though!

If i buy new itll probably come down to a kala ka-b or something similar, i think ukerepublic has them right now but id much rather buy something from one of you fine folks that can vouch for it personally!

Or, strummed, below. I should note: the laminate top was *really* thin and responsive, but I had it set up very low to accommodate the metal strings.

Skip to 6:49 for the actual song.

I've got a Lanikai s-b [solid spruce top] that I don't play much and I'd sell. It really sounds great and plays well.

What model was that pabrizzer?and do u know of anyone who sets them up before they ship?

Last edited:
Last edited:
That is my main problem that i live fairly far into the boonies and ordering online is much more practical to me. Granted im not terribly far from Chicago ive only been there once and right now at my price range i cant justify spending money on the trip there nonetheless buy a uke too. Ive been searching for places near to me that have an actual selection of ukes( not the token 2 or 3 way over priced ones you see in guitar shops) to try some out. But like i said id much rather buy used from a reliable source

Waterman isn't too far from Aurora and Naperville, about 35 miles of easy road. Hix Brothers has a tremendous selection of ukes at their Fox Valley (talk to Peter) store.
If you are in the area on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday afternoon stop at Cremer's Guitarworks in North Aurora and talk to Rick. He has some nice older ukes in his shop.
Uncle Jon's music in Westmont also has a nice inventory if you want to travel a bit further

Thank you John!! I spend most my time in Hinckley anymore anyways so im that much closer!!

BigD, I was trying to return your PM, but your mailbox is full.

Dan

Top Bottom