Do the Eleukes on the market today have issues?

steel rider

Reaction score
I've been looking at solid body electrics. Eleuke seems like a good my-first-electric, plus I like the features. I've read something about a bad current batch and notice Mims doesn't have any of the Jazz or 100 models. Are the one out in my semi-local store today to be avoided for some reason (the site says a shop in Lafayette has them)?

Thanks

The Tetons look good. A little more pricey. I thought they also have some issues since Mim stopped carrying them. The 9th fret thing is odd but I guess you can modify it with stickers or something. I don't see the advantage over Eleuke though

Last edited:
I've been looking at solid body electrics. Eleuke seems like a good my-first-electric, plus I like the features. I've read something about a bad current batch and notice Mims doesn't have any of the Jazz or 100 models. Are the one out in my semi-local store today to be avoided for some reason (the site says a shop in Lafayette has them)?

Thanks

i play a blue star konablaster baritone steel string electric its made by a luthier in the usa
and not factory made and its really well made with a trus rod and humbucker and sounds
amazing with the full 'rock' set up with an amp.

I have heard bad things about eleukes, especially the steel string models.
I think theres a review somewhere in here.

I have two Tetons, a tenor and a concert. I think they're great. Fast necks and good intonation. Excellent for traveling because they're very strong. I keep the tenor low G and the concert high G. Basically, I'm a tenor player but for the occasional awkward long stretch I like also having a concert. For professional recording, however I use my Pono TE-C because it's just higher quality and therefore a more expensive uke..

But for the price I think Tetons are outstanding and under-appreciated. I use the headphone input sometimes and find them as good as any Risa through an amp. I bought mine through Mim and received excellent service. I've had my first one for a year and a half. I have the one with the offset hole. I think it looks cool and modern.

I bought an eleuke and received it last month. The pickup doesn't work at all, and I get no help from the manufacturer. He just replies to my email with crap like "Try plugging it in harder" or "it worked when we shipped it". No help at all! I would not want anyone else to get screwed like I did. I'm out $240.

Top Bottom