Victoria Vox new album funding via Kickstart

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
One of the first to influence me to take up the ukulele, Victoria is currently working on a new album that is being funded via Kickstart. If you are unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it's an all-or-nothing platform for funding new creative projects. What a brilliant idea. Victoria has offered incentives to those who contribute ( lessons, CD's Mp3's,limited edition books,etc). I always try to support performing artist and Victoria, IMO, is very worthy of support.

If you like Victoria's work or even just would like to be a patron of the creative process, check this out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1633289447/new-fun-and-upbeat-ukulele-album-by-victoria-vox

Please note that I have no connection with Ms Vox or this project beside wanting to support a talented artist that gave me inspiration.

wow, here's a name I haven't heard in awhile. When I first started, heard her name frequently. Tough business to stay relavant

Just received a email from Victoria saying she had reached the basic funding target of $12000 for the production of the album. If donations continue to roll in to the tune of reaching $20K then she'll be able to also produce the music video she was hoping to do.
So, all you people who like Victoria's work, please consider supporting her in her latest project. You can send only a dollar if that's all that's possible and it is very easy to do if you have an Amazon account. Wouldn't you like to consider yourself 'a patron of the Arts'?

Last edited:
i look forward to supporting Ms. Vox by purchasing her CD. Appreciate the heads up.

She dropped me a personal "Thank You" when I supported the project. Too bad she won't be up in my neck of the woods.

I've never seen her in person, just on vids, and listened to her. Love almost everything about her - but there was that one video where she was playing the ukulele while driving in LA Freeway traffic...

That one, I didn't like!

(The only reason I considered getting a Pineapple Sunday was because I loved the sound of hers; but I didn't connect with the one I played, while I connected big time with the Sceptre.)

-Kurt​

Victoria was an inspiration to me when I recently started playing. Her interview with a radio station (on YouTube), that showed her using a looper and some other electronics showed me how fun the 21st century could really be. Her year of once a week covers, also on YouTube, was very enjoyable ( just loved her version of waltzing Matilda ). I was very happy to have an opportunity to show my appreciation by supporting her new project.

ha. this is pretty funny! Haven't gone anywhere. Still touring now (full-time) for 11 years. Uhhhh-mazing. I did take a year off from touring (kinda) in 2012 to write a song a week (which was funded by FANS!) - and it was a huge success. Writing the 52nd song was rewarding, but sad - cuz when I finished that tune, the project was over... I haven't been back to West Coast as much... but I've been touring other places... much on the east coast / midwest / and Canada. It's a BIG world. I have a WEBSITE: http://www.VictoriaVox.com and... an e-newsletter (which you can sign up for online for a FREE mp3)!!! It's amazing how facebook is NOT a great way to keep tabs on musical artists. but if you're a facebooker: http://www.facebook.com/victoriavoxlovesyou or http://www.twitter.com/victoriavox or Intstagram: VictoriaVox

Sorry folks, I don't use the forums much. Mostly because I find them overwhelming and I don't fully understand HOW to use them! I'm a ukulele girl in a digital world.
Here's to keeping going... creating... singing... making MUSIC. :)

xo
victoria vox

Discography from Wikipedia:
Discography

1999: Ultra Pink Bicycle Incident
2003: Still
2004: Tres Femmes
2004: In Between (EP) (produced by Jon Tyler Starr)
2006: Victoria Vox and Her Jumping Flea (produced by Mike Tarantino and Paul Kim)
2008: Chameleon (produced by Mike Tarantino)
2008: Holiday Card (EP) (produced by Mike Tarantino and Paul Kim)
2009: Square Pegs, Round Holes Compilation
2010: Exact Change (produced by Mike Tarantino)
2011: Vox Ukulele Cello (produced by Victoria Vox)
2011: Goose Creek Songwriter Sessions. Single track.
2012: Under the Covers (cover song album, produced by Steve Hamilton)
2013: Boombox Séance (side project band, produced by Geoff Stanfield) - uketronica album!!! (all on baritone uke)
2013: Key (produced by Geoff Stanfield)

Top Bottom