PDA

View Full Version : For people who play ukes of any kind

hmgberg
07-03-2014, 03:18 PM
I like them!

Just writing in support of Jon's statements. Enjoy your ukuleles of any kind.

Dwjkerr
07-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I like them too. All Ukes, not just the ones I an afford. Mahalos, or similarily priced. Was hoping that with the Affordable Uke thread I could get some tips, but I guess having a thread about that is not allowed

Hammond
07-03-2014, 05:44 PM
:agree::agree:
You can ask any question about any priced uke you want but I for one do NOT see the need to create a separate thread for such a discussion; all that does is divide the community unnecessarily. Having read this board for over 5 years I have seen advice and opinions shared on all topics and all range of ukes whether they be inexpensive or expensive. Why create a dividing line that will only breed ill feeling?

thaidye39
07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I love ukes, too. I am so grateful for these charming instruments.

I have a severe anxiety disorder and I have recently discovered when I feel an attack coming on, if I pick up my uke and start playing, it starts to subside and I feel better/can function/breathe/stop shaking.

Literally, the uke is changing my life.

Ukejenny
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Playing the ukulele lowers my blood pressure and relaxes me. It is amazing. I've played music since I was eleven, and nothing does it for me like this. I can see how playing a ukulele would take the edge off of an anxiety attack.

southcoastukes
07-03-2014, 06:27 PM
There are a gazillion threads here about "best XXX Ukulele" under $xxx.xx. You can get tips based on price from a simple question like that. It's been done over and over and over again.

I think the titles of the other post(s) were just not well thought out. "Affordable" is a relative term, and framing things in that way is categorizing Ukulele players by income - something Jon rightly feels is prejudicial.

Ukejenny
07-03-2014, 06:32 PM
There are a gazillion threads here about "best XXX Ukulele" under $xxx.xx. You can get tips based on price from a simple question like that. It's been done over and over and over again.

I think the titles of the other post(s) were just not well thought out. "Affordable" is a relative term, and framing things in that way is categorizing Ukulele players by income - something Jon rightly feels is prejudicial.

Too true. The search feature at Ukulele Underground is a trove of great information.

consitter
07-03-2014, 06:43 PM
I like them too. All Ukes, not just the ones I an afford. Mahalos, or similarily priced. Was hoping that with the Affordable Uke thread I could get some tips, but I guess having a thread about that is not allowed

You can create any type of thread you desire. My thinking is if you have a Mahalo, simply make a thread about Mahalos, asking what you want to know about them. Make sense? If you say, "I only want to know about ukes that cost $xxx and less", you are excluding others purposefully. It has never been that way on this forum until recently, and shouldn't be that way now.

There will be some out there who disagree with me, and say that their freedom of speech is being limited. Well, guess what...this forum is owned and maintained by a team of people. You are here free of charge. . I think the moderators here are very lenient and try their best to allow many threads to play themselves out. I have paid a yearly premium to help maintain this forum and to be free of the ads. But it doesn't give me any more right than anybody else to cause divisiveness. This no one's personal playground to say as you please.

Listen, man, I'm really not trying to knock you here. I'm talking in general about the state of deterioration of things around this forum if the last few months. There has been so much arguing and bickering here, that it's just sad. This used to be a place that I could come to and feel joy. There's just too many out there that take things personally.

I would hope we can all remember to go by a saying that a very good friend of mine has made legendary here on this forum.....

HAPPY STRUMMINGS!!

consitter
07-03-2014, 06:47 PM

Hi Dirk...

Have you read the thread in question? There was a lot of mean spirited post handed out, many by one individual in particular. I've skipped around through it, and it kind just disheartened me. You may or may not have posted there.

sukie
07-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Eugene Ukulele -- I hope I get to meet you some day.

Love
Sukie

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi Dirk...

Have you read the thread in question? There was a lot of mean spirited post handed out, many by one individual in particular. I've skipped around through it, and it kind just disheartened me. You may or may not have posted there.

Not sure if you all are referring to my affordable ukes thread.
It really was meant to be a discussion about all brands such as ohana, kala, lanikai, cordoba, oscar schmit, snail ukes/amahi, mahalo, diamond headl, rogue, johnson, stagg, etc etc I used the term affordable ukes instead of listing all brands which are more easily afforded by people of all monetary status. My intend of the post was not to be 'mean spirited' it was just to discuss all of those kind of ukes out there. Sorry if my thread offended so many people.

southcoastukes
07-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Hi Dirk...

Hello cs,

I read most - didn't post - I may have missed the worst part you're referring to. My point is simply that "affordable" is too relative a term to do anything but cause bad feelings.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Hello cs,

I read most - didn't post - I may have missed the worst part you're referring to. My point is simply that "affordable" is too relative a term to do anything but cause bad feelings.

my use of the word affordable meant more 'intermediate' ukulele brands : kala, ohana, lanikai etc.
I didn't post it to cause ill feelings. sorry

sukie
07-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Iam....

Sometimes threads are not meant, by the OP, to be mean-spirited. Sometimes they just spin out of control and go kablooey. That thread sure did. But Eugene is correct.....we are not a divisive group in general.

We all love the ukuleles we have -- price does not matter. Well, it shouldn't matter. I just bought an ukulele for my first grandchild -- who is now only 6 days old. I bought him a purple gecko. We are going to have so much fun with it.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Iam....

Sometimes threads are not meant, by the OP, to be mean-spirited. Sometimes they just spin out of control and go kablooey. That thread sure did. But Eugene is correct.....we are not a divisive group in general.

We all love the ukuleles we have -- price does not matter. Well, it shouldn't matter. I just bought an ukulele for my first grandchild -- who is now only 5 days old. I bought him a purple gecko. We are going to have so much fun with it.

what i really wanted was a discussion about the good and the bad about various 'intermediate' ukuleles i wanted tips/advice
etc etc but people seemed to take it the wrong way. I can of course look at the search feature but i was hoping to have a
friendly discussion about all those brand ukes, apparently that did not happen but my intent was nothing more than a friendly
discussion and not meant to be ill spirited or hurtful in any way shape or form.

Dwjkerr
07-03-2014, 07:11 PM
You can create any type of thread you desire. My thinking is if you have a Mahalo, simply make a thread about Mahalos, asking what you want to know about them. Make sense?
Yes it does, but before I can ask for tips, for a Mahalo, or other such cheap uke, I need to know what to ask for.

If you say, "I only want to know about ukes that cost $xxx and less", you are excluding others purposefully.
I looked at that thread as a possible source of info that could be more useful to me and the ukes I can afford.

There will be some out there who disagree with me, and say that their freedom of speech is being limited. Well, guess what...this forum is owned and maintained by a team of people. You are here free of charge. . I think the moderators here are very lenient and try their best to allow many threads to play themselves out. I have paid a yearly premium to help maintain this forum and to be free of the ads. But it doesn't give me any more right than anybody else to cause divisiveness. This no one's personal playground to say as you please.

I don't disagree with you there.

Listen, man, I'm really not trying to knock you here.

I appreciate that.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Not sure if you all are referring to my affordable ukes thread.
It really was meant to be a discussion about all brands such as ohana, kala, lanikai, cordoba, oscar schmit, snail ukes/amahi, mahalo, diamond headl, rogue, johnson, stagg, etc etc I used the term affordable ukes instead of listing all brands which are more easily afforded by people of all monetary status. My intend of the post was not to be 'mean spirited' it was just to discuss all of those kind of ukes out there. Sorry if my thread offended so many people.

Actually it wasn't the thread itself. I understood what you meant. It was some of your posts that disheartened me. It was almost as if you felt you were one man against the world. I would hope that you don't really believe that way. We don't. But you didn't make it easy. I've seen you on many other threads in the past, and that I recall, you've never went out on a tangent the way you did on that particular thread. I would humbly ask for you to go back and read from as detached point of view as you can to see what I mean.

If you don't see it as that way now, I would humbly ask that you go back to the thread and read it through again, and try to read it from a detached point of view. Again, to you, I really don't want you to see this as 'the man trying to beat you down' because I'm not.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Iam....

We all love the ukuleles we have -- price does not matter. Well, it shouldn't matter. I just bought an ukulele for my first grandchild -- who is now only 6 days old. I bought him a purple gecko. We are going to have so much fun with it.

You'll have him playing a duet with you at UWC VIII I'll bet. :-)

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes it does, but before I can ask for tips, for a Mahalo, or other such cheap uke, I need to know what to ask for.

I looked at that thread as a possible source of info that could be more useful to me and the ukes I can afford. I'll have to go back for another look but don't recall a post that excluded anyone, or indicated that the participants did not wish to know about more expensive ukuleles.

I don't disagree with you there.

I appreciate that.

I started the thread and I'm always looking at info on expensive ukuleles for the future when i can afford one.
I'm not singling out anyone. I see so many posts about expensive ukes, and isn't that discluding people of a lower income
isn't that dividing the community? I can try to discuss about those instruments but i don't have one and at the moment
i can't afford one. People with low income will not be able to get those instruments, but everyone can afford a 20 dollar uke
so why not discuss something everyone can afford and try to find which one in that price range is best? i don't really think
theres anything awful about it and my intent was to create a helpful thread....as of now as someone of lower income
i actually feel singled out and discluded by some of the things being said now......its ok to post a bunch of threads about 1000
dollar ukes but posting a thread about lower end/intermediate/affordable however you want to call it ukes is wrong?
seems a bit one sided too me. Nothing trying to fight its just my opinion.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I looked at that thread as a possible source of info that could be more useful to me and the ukes I can afford. I'll have to go back for another look but don't recall a post that excluded anyone, or indicated that the participants did not wish to know about more expensive ukuleles.

My point is, there were some posts that insinuated that people who owned high price ukes were 'snobbish' or 'too good' to give advice about 'lowly' ukes under so much of a cost. Everybody had to start somewhere, and most of those with high-priced ukes started with something that was less expensive.

I suppose I was 'lucky' in that regard. The very first uke I bought was on a Hawaiian cruise on the Big Island at a small stand in Kona. The brand and type? A KoAloha soprano. I didn't know crap about ukes when I bought it either. If that makes me a snob, so be it. Since then, I've bought two Dolphins, and I enjoy playing them just as much as I do my KoAloha.

Weird, huh?

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I started the thread and I'm always looking at info on expensive ukuleles for the future when i can afford one.
I'm not singling out anyone. I see so many posts about expensive ukes, and isn't that discluding people of a lower income
isn't that dividing the community? I can try to discuss about those instruments but i don't have one and at the moment
i can't afford one. People with low income will not be able to get those instruments, but everyone can afford a 20 dollar uke
so why not discuss something everyone can afford and try to find which one in that price range is best? i don't really think
theres anything awful about it and my intent was to create a helpful thread....as of now as someone of lower income
i actually feel singled out and discluded by some of the things being said now......its ok to post a bunch of threads about 1000
dollar ukes but posting a thread about lower end/intermediate/affordable however you want to call it ukes is wrong?
seems a bit one sided too me. Nothing trying to fight its just my opinion.

Let's look at it this way...a uke is a uke is a uke.

Sound good? I like it that way.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:28 PM
My point is, there were some posts that insinuated that people who owned high price ukes were 'snobbish' or 'too good' to give advice about 'lowly' ukes under so much of a cost. Everybody had to start somewhere, and most of those with high-priced ukes started with something that was less expensive.

I suppose I was 'lucky' in that regard. The very first uke I bought was on a Hawaiian cruise on the Big Island at a small stand in Kona. The brand and type? A KoAloha soprano. I didn't know crap about ukes when I bought it either. If that makes me a snob, so be it. Since then, I've bought two Dolphins, and I enjoy playing them just as much as I do my KoAloha.

Weird, huh?

I think some of the people came off snobbish in my post, my intent behind it wasn't to do that in anyway.
I posted to gather information from people and they choose to interpret in the way they did. I personally
dont like digging through threads i thought i could get all the info in one discussion and it didn't work out.
I'm a player of 10 years just as experienced as many people on this forum the most expensive uke i ever owned
was a 400 dollar martin soprano. I'm low income maybe one day i will be able to afford a kamaka, and national resonator
which are the instruments i have been after since day one which i could never afford. But right now brands like kala,
ohana, lanikai, cordoba and the like are all i can afford so i figured people in the same boat could discuss their ukes of those
brands, and give advice and tips. It didn't work but i never meant it to be 'ridiculous' as eugene ukulele said. I think that in it's self
is kind of mean spirited.

Dwjkerr
07-03-2014, 07:34 PM

Weird, huh?

No, not weird, or snobbish, at all.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I think some of the people came off snobbish in my post, my intent behind it wasn't to do that in anyway.
I posted to gather information from people and they choose to interpret in the way they did. I personally
dont like digging through threads i thought i could get all the info in one discussion and it didn't work out.
I'm a player of 10 years just as experienced as many people on this forum the most expensive uke i ever owned
was a 400 dollar martin soprano. I'm low income maybe one day i will be able to afford a kamaka, and national resonator
which are the instruments i have been after since day one which i could never afford. But right now brands like kala,
ohana, lanikai, cordoba and the like are all i can afford so i figured people in the same boat could discuss their ukes of those
brands, and give advice and tips. It didn't work but i never meant it to be 'ridiculous' as eugene ukulele said. I think that in it's self
is kind of mean spirited.

Let me give you a heads up...

If you absolutely LOVE that uke, and it's your player, even if you end up getting a much more expensive uke, there will be things you might like about the, let's say Kamaka, better.

But your Martin will always feel like home to you.

About Jon and the 'rediculous' comment...He doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and wasn't meaning that toward you. It was toward how the thread turned out in general. I would say go back and look at it, but you already stated that you don't like digging through threads...can't help you there.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Let me give you a heads up...

If you absolutely LOVE that uke, and it's your player, even if you end up getting a much more expensive uke, there will be things you might like about the, let's say Kamaka, better.

But your Martin will always feel like home to you.

About Jon and the 'rediculous' comment...He doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and wasn't meaning that toward you. It was toward how the thread turned out in general. I would say go back and look at it, but you already stated that you don't like digging through threads...can't help you there.

maybe i misread his comment than. It seemed like he meant the idea of a post about intermediate ukes was 'ridiculous' it didn't seem
like he said 'the out come of this thread turned ridiculous" but maybe thats what he meant....i dont get that impression.
I actually had to sell the martin being low income it was the uke or not having a place to live. So to me something 500 dollars
is a lot of money, and i had to put that 400 dollar martin on layaway for months to pay for it. I just feel a lot of us are singled out
by those k brand and custom made uke threads, i don't see the harm in making a post for people who have ukes that anyone can afford
there are a lot of tips to be given i have experience with so many intermediate brands and a lot of advice to give. But its a lot easier
to do it in one place than go through 10000 threads.

southcoastukes
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Geez guys, I know it's hard, but let's try to grow a little thicker skin.

Justin (iames) is a loose cannon, no doubt. He once called me "pretentious". I didn't take kindly to that, and so I can understand the reaction to some of what he apparently said in the thread we're discussing. It was right to call him on that. He apologized. I for one believe his heart is in the right place. Let it end.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:49 PM
maybe i misread his comment than. It seemed like he meant the idea of a post about intermediate ukes was 'ridiculous' it didn't seem
like he said 'the out come of this thread turned ridiculous" but maybe thats what he meant....i dont get that impression.
I actually had to sell the martin being low income it was the uke or not having a place to live. So to me something 500 dollars
is a lot of money, and i had to put that 400 dollar martin on layaway for months to pay for it. I just feel a lot of us are singled out
by those k brand and custom made uke threads, i don't see the harm in making a post for people who have ukes that anyone can afford
there are a lot of tips to be given i have experience with so many intermediate brands and a lot of advice to give. But its a lot easier
to do it in one place than go through 10000 threads.

About the 'low income' thing...move to Kentucky...the amount of money you make now will buy double what you can get there...for real!!

I have a 3000 sq foot house that's 12 years old. It and similiar homes like it can be had for $150K. Bet it ain't like that in Brunswick.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Justin (iames) is a loose cannon, no doubt. He once called me "pretentious". I didn't take kindly to that, and so I can understand the reaction to some of what he apparently said in the thread we're discussing. It was right to call him on that. He apologized. I for one believe his heart is in the right place. Let it end.

sorry for the pretentious comment. I actually would say i'm pretentious in some of the things i do so i actually don't think its a bad thing.
salvador dali was pretentious, and i consider it a great thing. My heart is in the right place and i'm def not a 'loose cannon' I wear my heart
on my sleeve I'm passionate about my art and what i do, and some do say i'm pretentious and it may confuse people but my intent is never
to out right offend or be a jerk too people again sorry if it comes off that way. I don't know how many times i mentioned in the thread it was
supposed to be a friendly discussion, but apparently people didn't see it that way.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:52 PM
About the 'low income' thing...move to Kentucky...the amount of money you make now will buy double what you can get there...for real!!

I have a 3000 sq foot house that's 12 years old. It and similiar homes like it can be had for $150K. Bet it ain't like that in Brunswick.

I make minimum wage and my gf makes slightly more than I.
I'm currently in school for nursing making a career change
from graphic design which got me no where. As of now
affording a 900 dollar security deposit on a room for me my
cat and my girlfriend was difficult enough. I don't think its
the place i live its the place in time i'm in in my life....especially
at my age if it isn't going to be better by 40 it ain't gonna be better.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:52 PM

I really hope that I'm not coming across that way. At first, I was responding to the OP of this thread. It just so happened the OP of the other thread came here.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:53 PM

i bet the crime rate isn't like how it is here either i'm sure of that.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:55 PM
I make minimum wage and my gf makes slightly more than I.
I'm currently in school for nursing making a career change
from graphic design which got me no where. As of now
affording a 900 dollar security deposit on a room for me my
cat and my girlfriend was difficult enough. I don't think its
the place i live its the place in time i'm in in my life....especially
at my age if it isn't going to be better by 40 it ain't gonna be better.

Keep on plugging. If you get that nursing degree, you'll be pooping in tall cotton. :) Nurses are needed everywhere, especially males in the profession. There is a federal prison at Fort Dix that I'm sure you'd be a shoo-in to get a job as a nurse. Federal retirement and great income.

Keep it up, you'll be golden.

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:56 PM
i bet the crime rate isn't like how it is here either i'm sure of that.

Yer durn skippy. In our county, we've had 1 murder so far this year. The county has a pop. of 50K.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Keep on plugging. If you get that nursing degree, you'll be pooping in tall cotton. :) Nurses are needed everywhere, especially males in the profession. There is a federal prison at Fort Dix that I'm sure you'd be a shoo-in to get a job as a nurse. Federal retirement and great income.

Keep it up, you'll be golden.

Thanks my goal is to move back to philadelphia. I move here from philly about 5 years ago
and was stranded here when my ex left me and have been stuck in a rut ever since. As soon
as i finish up school its back to the life i once had. I can can vaguely remember the time
when i had a 2 k balance in my bank account all the time, now i'm lucky if i have 100 (really lucky).

consitter
07-03-2014, 07:58 PM
sorry for the pretentious comment. I actually would say i'm pretentious in some of the things i do so i actually don't think its a bad thing.
salvador dali was pretentious, and i consider it a great thing. My heart is in the right place and i'm def not a 'loose cannon' I wear my heart
on my sleeve I'm passionate about my art and what i do, and some do say i'm pretentious and it may confuse people but my intent is never
to out right offend or be a jerk too people again sorry if it comes off that way. I don't know how many times i mentioned in the thread it was
supposed to be a friendly discussion, but apparently people didn't see it that way.

Hell, I don't even know what 'pretentious' means. Must apply google-fu.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Yer durn skippy. In our county, we've had 1 murder so far this year. The county has a pop. of 50K.

wow we have one murder a day in this city hahaha its pretty shady of a place to live gotta say.

southcoastukes
07-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I really hope that I'm not coming across that way. At first, I was responding to the OP of this thread. It just so happened the OP of the other thread came here.

It's one of those things where as we say down here, you two guys have gotten on each others "last nerve". I've been there. Don't keep going!

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:01 PM

I think the term i really meant was 'quirky' i think pretentious means
trying to impress people with talents you don't actually have.
I have the verbal skills of a 4th grader so i probably missed used
that word but i meant more quirky artsy 'out there' daniel johnston style.
I do believe dirk has much talent and knows his shit. But i think like all musicians/artists
he's quirky and i mean that more as compliment and sometimes it can be confusing but the
amount of information people like that put out at first was really not meant to be offensive...
clearly im just an idiot who can't use a dictionary hahaha sorry once again

consitter
07-03-2014, 08:02 PM

pretentious (prɪˈtɛnʃəs)
adj
1. making claim to distinction or importance, esp undeservedly
2. having or creating a deceptive outer appearance of great worth; ostentatious

Ah. Still don't git it.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:02 PM
It's one of those things where as we say down here, you two guys have gotten on each others "last nerve". I've been there. Don't keep going!

im actually finding consitter to be quite pleasant no hard feelings here what so ever.
wouldn't mind having a beer or two with t his guy actually.

consitter
07-03-2014, 08:03 PM

We're good. Keep reading. ;)

consitter
07-03-2014, 08:04 PM
im actually finding consitter to be quite pleasant no hard feelings here what so ever.
wouldn't mind having a beer or two with t his guy actually.

Come to Tybee Island GA next week and we'll have a few. Going on a camping vacation down there.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:04 PM
pretentious (prɪˈtɛnʃəs)
adj
1. making claim to distinction or importance, esp undeservedly
2. having or creating a deceptive outer appearance of great worth; ostentatious

Ah. Still don't git it.

don't worry i can't either.
i think one fish two fish is probably the only book i can read lol

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Come to Tybee Island GA next week and we'll have a few. Going on a camping vacation down there.

awesome i wish i had more people around here to jam with honestly seems all the quirky artists don't live in this area you'd think
being by nyc and philly you'd have a lot. What you do actually have is and now that i understand the term a lot of 'pretentious' people
people who talk about playing but actually can't. I met one person recently who is a UU member and she plays...its kind of nice to know
theres someone in NJ who actually plays the ukulele hahaha

consitter
07-03-2014, 08:08 PM
awesome i wish i had more people around here to jam with honestly seems all the quirky artists don't live in this area you'd think
being by nyc and philly you'd have a lot. What you do actually have is and now that i understand the term a lot of 'pretentious' people
people who talk about playing but actually can't. I met one person recently who is a UU member and she plays...its kind of nice to know
theres someone in NJ who actually plays the ukulele hahaha

You need to contact a guy that goes by 'glass' here on the forum. He lives in Jersey. Not sure where, but I'll find out for you. He's in a club that has monthly meetings, and he's always jamming somewhere.

southcoastukes
07-03-2014, 08:10 PM
All right! A chorus of Kumbaya! (Gullah song from the Georgia Islands).

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:11 PM
You need to contact a guy that goes by 'glass' here on the forum. He lives in Jersey. Not sure where, but I'll find out for you. He's in a club that has monthly meetings, and he's always jamming somewhere.

Awesome ya i tried looking up to see if there was any clubs around here and NJ seems DEAD!
let me know. Hopefully if i ever make it back to philly, ill be able to get back into finding
people to jam with again.

New brunswick NJ has a history with the undergound music scene here but as of the last
few years it has died out. Frankly the scene sucked and was filled with just hardcore and punk music.
I liked the idea of it, but to find people who want to make other styles of music around here is slim to none.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Btw dirk, off topic here but from your recommendation to me and in general i tried bflat on my tenor
tonight and found the uke more resonate and warm than C. It will take my sometime to transpose the chords
but i'm finding the tuning to be very nice. I will also have to adjust my singing but for instrumental pieces
i find it way more pleasing of a tone.

consitter
07-03-2014, 08:17 PM

Not the 'Georgia Islands' I'm going to, right?

consitter
07-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Awesome ya i tried looking up to see if there was any clubs around here and NJ seems DEAD!
let me know. Hopefully if i ever make it back to philly, ill be able to get back into finding
people to jam with again.

New brunswick NJ has a history with the undergound music scene here but as of the last
few years it has died out. Frankly the scene sucked and was filled with just hardcore and punk music.
I liked the idea of it, but to find people who want to make other styles of music around here is slim to none.

Just back from looking...it just says NJ in is profile. Sorry I can't be of further assistance.

iamesperambient
07-03-2014, 08:19 PM
LOL. The last two pages aren't even close to being on topic.

sorry actually you are right the topic is just about playing uke so i guess technically its back to the topic!