Nice Ukulele

tiki_ink

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Nice Ukuleles made by Ed Bacani in Hawaii? I was looking at his 8 string and his 6 string models. Thanks.

MGM said:
. . . okay mopre details Made in pgilipines the ukes are solid wood and can have some freat figure. The necks are rather crude and fret work lacking so playing feels like a chore. With proper adjustment and dressing they can be great players.. i have heard some that sound great and others that just dont...bodies usually have some evenless or slight deformaty due to change in humidity..they look wavy in reflections...These are usualy built in humidity averaging in the 90% tiles..orignially brought in by Bacani and sold as Nice ukulele..as they say " final assembly in USA which usually means .. they put the strings and tuners on
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9805
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9284

Anybody know anything about Nice Ukuleles made by Ed Bacani in Hawaii? I was looking at his 8 string and his 6 string models. Thanks.

YOU CAN VISIT MY STORE IN EBAY:jumpingflea.blog spot.com

I think In heard a while back the his ukelele were made in Phillipines and finished in hawaiii.
he's been building for 15 years...something like that....

I wondered about that. I saw your listings on eBay and noticed the "N" on the headstock. So D&D is a "store" and not a manufacturer? Or didi D&D buy out Nice?
I thought they are two different business...I could be wrong....I thought the store is in Lahaina..front street... and I never saw them with nice ukuleles selling..Isn't D&D stand for Doris & Daniel???

I thought they are two different business...I could be wrong....I thought the store is in Lahaina..front street... and I never saw them with nice ukuleles selling..Isn't D&D stand for Doris & Daniel???

Daniel buys his "D&D" branded PI made 'ukuleles thru Edmund Bacani who adds the D&D logo to headstock before shipping to Maui. The two 'ukuleles are pretty much identical. I have a very decent tenor pineapple that I really got for a good deal from Mr. Bacani at the Aloha Stadium Flea Market 2 years ago but under false pretenses sold to me as "Made in Hawai'i" when in fact it was not. It burns me a tad because we talked story for almost an hour and found we both worked for the State DOT and that we shared the same circle of friends but even then he did not have the decency to tell me the truth about country of origin of his 'ukuleles which I later discovered and was verified to me by two very reliable sources. I would not buy a D&D or a NICE 'ukulele sight unseen but if it can be examined and played in advance and the price haggled with with Edmund at the Flea market then you can get a decent Koa 'ukulele at a very reasonable price. Whatever you do don't buy his "Made in Hawai'i" schpeel. :rolleyes:

Daniel buys his "D&D" branded PI made 'ukuleles thru Edmund Bacani who adds the D&D logo to headstock before shipping to Maui. The two 'ukuleles are pretty much identical. I have a very decent tenor pineapple that I really got for a good deal from Mr. Bacani at the Aloha Stadium Flea Market 2 years ago but under false pretenses sold to me as "Made in Hawai'i" when in fact it was not. It burns me a tad because we talked story for almost an hour and found we both worked for the State DOT and that we shared the same circle of friends but even then he did not have the decency to tell me the truth about country of origin of his 'ukuleles which I later discovered and was verified to me by two very reliable sources. I would not buy a D&D or a NICE 'ukulele sight unseen but if it can be examined and played in advance and the price haggled with with Edmund at the Flea market then you can get a decent Koa 'ukulele at a very reasonable price. Whatever you do don't buy his "Made in Hawai'i" schpeel. :rolleyes:

I agree. I spent an hour talking story with him as well and then came here to start a thread about his ukes. I found out the truth and went back and asked him for clarification. He then admitted that final assembly was done on Oahu. I didn't get one. I was looking at 8 string mangos.

Concert Ukulele

I have had my Nice Concert Uke for three years and have greatly enjoyed the quality and the sound. Some have said that the neck is poorly made. I will dissaggree with that statement. You can purchase these Ukes at the Flea Market at the Halewa Football Stadium on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I have also seen them for sale at Koolina. I will now go back to playing my Ukulele.:)

Aloha,
Just got back from Hawaii after 4 months. In July, I've purchased 3 Nice Ukuleles from Edmund at the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium, 2 Mango Concerts (gave one to my Grand-nephew), and a Koa Concert. Everything about them is up to par per my inspection and the quality of sound, volume, intonation, and sustain is good. Playability is equal to most of my other ukes, Overall, for the price I paid for a Solid Wood Uke (got a deal I couldn't pass up), it is definitely a keeper. Talked to Ed about a Solid Curly Koa Tenor with pickup which he said I would like. Will look at it on my next trip there and will probably purchase it as I know the price will be right and I AM a Nice Ukulele fan.
I also purchased a 11 month old, used Mele, Solid Koa, Slotted Headstock, Double Puka Deluxe Tenor with a Fishman Matrix Pickup which I absolutely love. The Nice ukes stack up favorably against my Mele but it's like "apples to oranges"
I would purchase another Nice Ukulele because of their quality/price index.......nuff said.......................BO..............

Last edited:
So which one you goin bring on Friday . . . I get one Nice 8 string from way back fitted with Southcoast 8 string set w/wounds. Not loud as da odda ones, but when I stay at home, good 'nuff fo me. Besides couldn't go wrong wit da price. You can check 'em out next week and lemme know what you tink!

Top Bottom