nikolo727

Reaction score
will be the date that I FINALLY get to meet another ukulele player.(yeah its sad. 5 years playing, never met a single uke player)

that is the date of the Jake Shimabukuro concert in Akron Ohio! I already have my tickets and i am so pumped to be there.

is anyone else going???

if you do happen to go, wear your UU t-shirt and bring along your uke so we can jam out while we wait for the concert to start.

(juz to think. after that concert the next time i will meet another uke play is when im :eek:ld:)

4 years from now, ill be posting same thread

I plan on going to the one in Raleigh on April 4... Ohio is too far of a trek for me :-(

Yea Ill be at either the Raleigh show or maybe the Spoleto Fest in Charleston, SC

sry i didnt get back to you. the show is at the university of akron ohio, on saturday at 7 oclock i think? just go to jakes site and you will be able to find out more info.

im so excited. 2 more days and my 4 year long wait will end.

Nikolo -- You are in for a real treat! He has a wonderful show. You already know the songs so you should have a great time just watching his fingers fly. Are you going to have him sign your ukulele? He will meet with people after the show. He is very, very nice. I met him last year and I have tickets for Mar 10. I'm getting excited myself. Yesterday I played his CDs at work.

I'm excited for you. Plus how fun to meet other UUers.

I'll be at Pre-Prom. :rock: But I hope you have fun. Jake is awesome live. I saw him in San Francisco once, but I was kind of young and not really interested in the uke. I just remember how awesome he was though.

Hey anyone going to the Northhampton MA show by chance?

sry i didnt get back to you. the show is at the university of akron ohio, on saturday at 7 oclock i think? just go to jakes site and you will be able to find out more info.

im so excited. 2 more days and my 4 year long wait will end.

It's 8:00, but I will be there (for Ukulele Player Magazine) and I am meeting with Jake before the show... taking pictures during the show (Hitchhike Records and Jake's management will only allow me to take photographs during the first three songs once the show starts).

The next issue of Ukulele Player will feature Jake and has an interview, review of his new CD (release date April 14), and concert coverage.

We also have an interview with Victoria Vox in that same issue and a story on VV.

Oooo, I might have to go. Where is the concert info.?

The concert is at 8:00 PM at the E.J. Thomas hall (University of Akron).

The place is easy to find. I will be with a couple of COUP (Columbus Ohio Ukulele Peeps) members. I am meeting with Jake before the show for some back-stage photos and talking with him for a short time. We already have the interview completed for the magazine, but this is an opportunity to meet, personally.

E.J. Thomas Hall
University of Akron

198 Hill
Akron, OH 44325
USA
Phone: 330-972-7595
URL: http://ejthomashall.com/

Last edited:
Top Bottom