Looking for black case with red lining

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 16" scale concert currently in a tenor case. I love the case. It is high quality and is black with red faux fur lining. It looks great with this particular uke. I am looking for a better fit though.

Anyone know where I can find a concert case that is black with red lining? If I find one I'll do the follow up research to make sure the uke fits.

Thanks. Happy fourth of July for those Americans out there.

Not bad. I have a similar one for a vintage style soprano. But for the uke in question I really want the black / red combo. Classy but with just a touch of panache. ;)

There was a thread a couple or three years ago which included a post describing a black case with red lining as the physical, concrete, manifestation of LUST. Or something like that. The 'fresh cut fig' deal. It caught my attention and imagination enough to want one for myself, and I looked but didn't find what I was looking for. Lame, tame, light burgundy doesn't cut it. The closest I came to a purchase was a black case with a nice green crushed velvet interior - which I liked a lot, but I'm still holding out for fresh cut fig.

Good luck in your search, and let us know if you find a good one. I want a soprano and tenor case-o'-lust myself.

Doug, Peter Hurney at Pohaku and the Mya Moe folks both ship their ukes in black hardcases with plush-lined red interiors. Perhaps it's worth emailing them to ask whom their suppliers are.

Good to know. Hoping that they might be willing to sell a case separately, or point you in the direction of the maker.

Another option, and I don't know how viable this is, but, you could try taking a cheaper black case to an upholstery shop and having the interior redone in the fabric and color of your choice. I have a beloved clarinet case that will eventually have this done - I want green leather on the outside (black leather is pretty beat up) and I also want green velvet inside (currently Buffet blue). My case is about 45 years old and is wonderful. It is worth it to me to have the work done if I can find someone to do it.

Last edited:
Doug, Peter Hurney at Pohaku and the Mya Moe folks both ship their ukes in black hardcases with plush-lined red interiors. Perhaps it's worth emailing them to ask whom their suppliers are.

Awesome. Emails sent. Thanks so much.

These look amazing. I want one. But I was hoping to find a slightly cheaper option. What I am basically looking for is an Oahu case with a red interior.

Though I've only seen one up close, It's clear to me that Cedar Creek makes the most beautiful cases. In person, they're striking. I was mostly looking for an opportunity to get their name on the forum because they're incredible. But they cost a lot!

Not bad. I have a similar one for a vintage style soprano. But for the uke in question I really want the black / red combo. Classy but with just a touch of panache. ;)

It worked for Count Dracula.....

Cedar Creek

I have a Cedar Creek case for my classical guitar and it is gorgeous; however, the delivery date blew past a couple of times, and nobody told me that was coming. I was quoted four weeks and it wound up being six months ...

Life happens, we all know that, you cut folks slack, that's how it goes sometimes; long as you keep the customer in the loop, most of them will probably be fine with glitches. It's when you don't they get antsy ...

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Cedar Creek case for my classical guitar and it is gorgeous; however, the delivery date blew past a couple of times, and nobody told me that was coming. I was quoted four weeks and it wound up being six months ...

(sorry for digressing on the topic at hand.)

Same thing happened with me with Ameritage. It took them over a month to acknowledge receipt of my guitar's dimensions, and only after I e-mailed them again. Then there were issues with their factory in Costa Rica... so much money for a case, so little customer service :\

Good to know. Hoping that they might be willing to sell a case separately, or point you in the direction of the maker.

Another option, and I don't know how viable this is, but, you could try taking a cheaper black case to an upholstery shop and having the interior redone in the fabric and color of your choice. I have a beloved clarinet case that will eventually have this done - I want green leather on the outside (black leather is pretty beat up) and I also want green velvet inside (currently Buffet blue). My case is about 45 years old and is wonderful. It is worth it to me to have the work done if I can find someone to do it.

n lieu of an upholstery shop you might have more positive results with a luggage repair place, albeit I don't know how common they'd be these days. But it would be worth a look.

Top Bottom