Suggestions ….. third party Tenor Fluke gig bag?

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
Going on a day trip today with Fluke in my back pack but looking for suggestion for a gig bag with some padding and a few pockets to hold stuff like strings, screw driver, clippers, tab book for longer 3-4 day trips . Don't want to spend a lot. I see lots of Lanikai bags on line. Awful patterns but is something like that suitable or are they too light?

I see some really nice soft cases but one you are in the $80+ range might as well just order the Fluke hard foam case.
Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
I bought this one amd I'm very happy with it. It is well padded and well made.

[edit] Oh wait - I just Googled "Tenor Fluke" and see that this is an unusual shaped ukulele. I didn't realize that - I'm a newbie. The Cordoba case probably wouldn't fit it, unless by some strange fluke (haha!) [/edit]

http://www.amazon.com/Cordoba-Tenor...68607&sr=8-2&keywords=cordoba+ukulele+gig+bag

Hey ...that's a pun .........and therefore in my line of business ......good one though:smileybounce:

@ Original poster .....you need to weigh up cost of bag to possible bits and pieces ratio.......which is the amount of unplayable bits and pieces that fall out of the bag when you open it up because it was not up to the job..and those damned marshy mallow things that you seem to burn in your campfires over there were just about ready for the play and sing along...and believe me I hate spending money unnecessarily ...but these is well thought out words....soft cases are fine for the trip up the road in the car to the local pub or Uke meet...but the problem with soft bags is ...well, they're soft .......and the outdoors is hard......plus you want to store it safely when not being played and some buffoon launches over the nearest guy rope ....with a projected designated landing in the region of your pride and joy...

I see that the Tenor Fluke is about £200 plus ....your bag at $80 is roughly what ...£50 ....I think that a quarter value investment in protecting your instrument is money well spent .....how big your pack is ...I don't know ...but I imagine that a lightweight case and uke should be fairly easily portable......

Last edited:
Thanks for suggestions. Cordoba looks good and I'm sure the Fluke would fit fine. . Ohana has one similar that also looks good. My pack worked out fine for the day trip. I do need more protection in the trunk of the car. The hard case MFC makes is great but too bulky. Fluke is a go anywhere almost industructible Ukulele . Also, for flying in a plane the HSC by Fluke is too bulky.

I do use HSC for most of my more expensive ukuleles. I agree in the protecting your investment idea…………

The Fluke is a great ukulele for the price.

Top Bottom