NUDAS New Uke Day Anticipation Syndrome

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Somewhere in the bowels of Ohare Airport, a customs agent is thinking about letting my new Scott Wise baritone ukulele into the USA "officially".

I want to play Moses, pick up the phone and yell "Let my ukulele go" but figure I better just sit tight.

Scott just shipped a tenor to me too, but that one is still in Australia.

I was that way waiting for an electric hollow body from China a couple of months ago, I watched the poorly designed Chinese tracking system online for days as it went back and forth between two processing centers in Shanghai, then showed it was in customs waiting for clearance for another week because it was part of a group order, which didn't make sense to me because most of the others already received theirs.

Now I'm waiting for two custom ukes coming from Vietnam. He sent me photos of them complete, but has not shipped yet (I hope they sound as good as they look). I'm drooling and getting shpilkis (Yiddish for anxiousness, or sitting on pins and needles).

BWA mandolele and gypsy.jpg

The Baritone got through customs and was delivered today. There was no shipping damage. The case looks sturdy and fits the ukulele quite nicely.
Scott included a cleaning cloth, strap and extra sets of strings.
It is beautiful. Very light weight. Scott remembered that I asked for a slightly wider nut and it fits my paws perfectly.
The sound is fantastic. The vibration is thrilling.
I played this back to back to my Kamaka baritone. My new Scott Wise baritone is a totally different animal. It is larger, deeper, and lighter than the Kamaka. It sounds much deeper, they way I expect a baritone to sound.
Thanks to Scott for doing such a great job.

Baby pictures to follow, once I finish handing out cigars

Congratulations, John. If the Wise is different than your Kamaka, that's a good thing; given the many baritone ukulele tunings, you'll be able to dial them in to leverage their differences.

The Baritone got through customs and was delivered today. There was no shipping damage. The case looks sturdy and fits the ukulele quite nicely.
Scott included a cleaning cloth, strap and extra sets of strings.
It is beautiful. Very light weight. Scott remembered that I asked for a slightly wider nut and it fits my paws perfectly.
The sound is fantastic. The vibration is thrilling.
I played this back to back to my Kamaka baritone. My new Scott Wise baritone is a totally different animal. It is larger, deeper, and lighter than the Kamaka. It sounds much deeper, they way I expect a baritone to sound.
Thanks to Scott for doing such a great job.

Baby pictures to follow, once I finish handing out cigars

Congratulations! Looking forward to pics!

Top Bottom