Martin C1-K Question

Shorebird

Reaction score
I searched for the answer and couldn't find one. So here goes does the martin C1-K have a radiused fret board? Any opinions on this uke? I have a chance to buy one previously owned but not used?

Fretboard is not radiused. Wonderful tone and easy to play. I sold mine because I found out concert isn't the ideal size for me, but I loved the sound!

It doesn't I'm afraid. It is a really lovely ukulele though. There have been some great reviews on UU of late.

The C1K has a flat, not radius fretboard. None of the Martin ukes that I am aware of has a radius fretboard. On a concert the radius will barely be noticeable on ukes that do have them. Martins tend to have slightly high action, and the C1k and T1k models tend to be a tad higher than the American made Martins. They are somewhat unfinished, the neck feels a little rough. Overall though I think they are pretty good. My first encounters with the Mexican made Martins made me think they were on a par with the Martin style Ohanas, but more expensive. However, the Mexican Martins have grown on me. They are an excellent value if you can find a used one.

I am looking at a used one that was bought with good intentions but never played the user wants $325.00 for it delivered with extra set of martin strings and the gig bag.

The gig bag comes with it and the martin strings are worth $5. You take some risk with a used one because you don't have a warranty or any kind of protection. They retail new for $469. I've seen used ones go for $399 and sometimes less. So it's probably a pretty decent deal.

My advice is to encourage your wife in buying whatever her particular passion is. Then she can't complain about your ukes.

I am looking at a used one that was bought with good intentions but never played the user wants $325.00 for it delivered with extra set of martin strings and the gig bag.

that's an awesome deal! If you don't buy it, tell me where it is and I'll buy it!

Mine was that price too bought used. its a great price for that ukulele. I love my martin concert.

I thought it was too good to pass up at that price. Thankfully my wife had a martin guitar when she was younger and knew the name.

Top Bottom