A learning system/roadmap?

Thiago

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Hope you're all good :)

I'm having a little trouble getting past the beginner stage on the uke. Does anyone know of a good system or roadmap for learning? With a good structural progression? I really need something like this when learning new stuff, or else I just get all around picking random things that amuse me (which is fine if you're having fun, and I am! But I really want to get to the next level right now).

So does anyone know of such a system for the ukulele? I don't know if it's sounding a little far fetched, but I imagine something simple - a progressive method from novice to advanced, or at least intermediate, as I don't intend to be all pro! haha.

Thanks in advance and happy strumming!

Hey, billten, thank you very much for replying! That book looks amazing, but unfortunately I live in Brazil, and it would be too much of a hassle to ship (mainly because of taxes). But I appreciate your time!

Do you know if UU+ has a similar system?

But I really want to get to the next level right now.
Join (or start) a local ukulele group and just play, play, and play your ukulele.

Well you could take Skype lessons from someone who teaches on line.

The book suggested is $15 or something in North America. Even if shipping and tax/duty was 100% it's still a good book for $30.

Well you could take Skype lessons from someone who teaches on line.

The book suggested is $15 or something in North America. Even if shipping and tax/duty was 100% it's still a good book for $30.

Yeah, maybe you're right! It just pisses me off having to pay so much taxes (Brazil has one of world's highest import taxes).

Last edited:
Amazon doesn't, but the brazilian customs does.
What do they do... open every package bigger than a letter-sized envelope, assess a tax and then hold the package ransom until you pay up?

The book is the size of a thin magazine, hardly anything that screams out "big-ticket taxable item."

If a relative in another country were to send you a gift-wrapped birthday present, would they open that, too?

Hi, itsme!

I don't know whay you sound so agressive, but here's the sort answer: there are diferent laws in Brazil regarding imports. If the product comes from a natural person (e.g. a relative) it would not be taxed. But coming from a legal entity (e.g. Amazon), pretty much everything is taxed.

Thanks anyway for replying. I ordered the book! Thanks everyone for the help, specially billten for the recommendation!

Happy strumming

I don't know whay you sound so agressive, but here's the sort answer: there are diferent laws in Brazil regarding imports. If the product comes from a natural person (e.g. a relative) it would not be taxed. But coming from a legal entity (e.g. Amazon), pretty much everything is taxed.
Not trying to be aggressive, I just genuinely don't understand how things work there.

Top Bottom