Chicago

BillM

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'll be in Chicago from July 17-25, and was wondering if anyone could point me towards an event, band's performance, whatever, where ukulele is featured. I know that there are uke bands like Beatleleles and Fish with Feathers in the area, but cannot seem to find if anyone is playing during my stay. My days are filled at a convention, with some evenings open. Any help is appreciated.

Bill

Free Range Ukulele Society Meet Up http://www.meetup.com/Free-Range-Ukulele-Society-of-Oak-Park/events/193582452/
Let's meet to play ukulele, sing, and have fun.
Export Tell a friend Share
Thursday, July 17, 2014
The 17th and the 24th, Thursday evenings: 7:00 PM

Eastgate Cafe
102 Harrison Street, Oak Park, IL

We meet every Thursday, unless it falls on a holiday or our hosting venue is having a special event. Our hosting venue is the Eastgate Cafe in the Oak Park Arts District, who generously provides their dining room to us without a fee.. We sing songs found in that week's song-packet. Food and beverages are available for purchase from our hosting venue.

Bill, this is a fun group that meets casually every Thursday evening. Come join us!

Laura Mazz

Thank you both for the quick replies. I guess I should clarify that I doubt that I will be able to sit in with a group, unless you allow spectators. I was looking more for a venue where I could listen to some good music and enjoy a refreshing adult beverage at my leisure. Perhaps this is the wrong forum and this thread should be moved to uke talk.

Bill

Top Bottom