Bearclaw European spruce and Birdseye maple Tenor

Jason Wolverton

Reaction score
Here's my latest uke. European Spruce and Birdseye Maple with Tiger Rosewood binding. The soundboard wood was taken from a violin wedge. The uke features a mildly elevated fingerboard for better not access over the body, a mahogany neck and a 20 fret ebony fingerboard. The bridge is Indian rosewood with an 8 hole tieblock. I've used Pegheds tuners with special Rosewood buttons. There's also a Fishman infinity matrix pickup installed so you can rock the house.
HokuAngleTop.jpg
HokuAngleBack.jpg
HokuFullFront.jpg
HokuPegFrt.jpg
HokuPegsRear.jpg

Nice Jason...any sound sample?

Beautiful........I checked your profile..then went to your website...................WOW! You make some really superb looking instruments and I bet they sound great too.

Thanks, guys. Nice to read after all the time that went into this uke.

No sound sample unfortunately. I had to get it sent off for my client and shipping was already delayed several days because of a nasty flu bug that took me out of the game for awhile there. Personally, I think getting sick in the summer should be outlawed....;)

Excellent work Jason! I think you may have been a freshman at NHHS when I was a senior, bummer I did not know you then we could have been jamming guitar hahaha.
Your workmanship appears top notch. I read your bio on your site. Sounds fascinating learning to build in Spain. Maybe I will be able to sample your creations one day!

Excellent work Jason! I think you may have been a freshman at NHHS when I was a senior, bummer I did not know you then we could have been jamming guitar hahaha.
Your workmanship appears top notch. I read your bio on your site. Sounds fascinating learning to build in Spain. Maybe I will be able to sample your creations one day!

haha Damon

I have one of Jason's first ukes...the 2nd one I think...Cocobolo/Cedar top

I'll try to show you one day....:)

Small world, Pueo. Too cool. I graduated from NHHS in 1986.

Thanks for your compliments. Yes, studying guitar building in Spain was a great experience. Can't wait to go back!

Top Bottom