PDA

View Full Version : Bearclaw European spruce and Birdseye maple Tenor

Jason Wolverton
07-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Here's my latest uke. European Spruce and Birdseye Maple with Tiger Rosewood binding. The soundboard wood was taken from a violin wedge. The uke features a mildly elevated fingerboard for better not access over the body, a mahogany neck and a 20 fret ebony fingerboard. The bridge is Indian rosewood with an 8 hole tieblock. I've used Pegheds tuners with special Rosewood buttons. There's also a Fishman infinity matrix pickup installed so you can rock the house.

ericchico
07-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Thats a beauty, very nice

hawaii 50
07-08-2014, 06:56 AM
Nice Jason...any sound sample?

greenscoe
07-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Beautiful........I checked your profile..then went to your website...................WOW! You make some really superb looking instruments and I bet they sound great too.

Jason Wolverton
07-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks, guys. Nice to read after all the time that went into this uke.

No sound sample unfortunately. I had to get it sent off for my client and shipping was already delayed several days because of a nasty flu bug that took me out of the game for awhile there. Personally, I think getting sick in the summer should be outlawed....;)

Pueo
07-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Excellent work Jason! I think you may have been a freshman at NHHS when I was a senior, bummer I did not know you then we could have been jamming guitar hahaha.
Your workmanship appears top notch. I read your bio on your site. Sounds fascinating learning to build in Spain. Maybe I will be able to sample your creations one day!

hawaii 50
07-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Excellent work Jason! I think you may have been a freshman at NHHS when I was a senior, bummer I did not know you then we could have been jamming guitar hahaha.
Your workmanship appears top notch. I read your bio on your site. Sounds fascinating learning to build in Spain. Maybe I will be able to sample your creations one day!

haha Damon

I have one of Jason's first ukes...the 2nd one I think...Cocobolo/Cedar top

I'll try to show you one day....:)

Jason Wolverton
07-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Small world, Pueo. Too cool. I graduated from NHHS in 1986.

Thanks for your compliments. Yes, studying guitar building in Spain was a great experience. Can't wait to go back!