Sad Day in San Diego for the Ukulele Community: The Passing of Auntie Maelani Wilcox

dtikim1

Reaction score
Just heard this morning of the passing of Auntie Maelani Wilcox. Apparently she passed on to be with our Lord sometime last week (that is all of the information that I have at this moment). She will be greatly missed. For those of you who may not know, she was my inspiration, she also rekindled my interest in playing the ukulele 10+ years ago. She sang like a Lark, and could strum the ukulele like nobody else I have ever known or seen in my short lifetime of 60 years. I could go on and on about how kind, gentle and gracious a person she was. Another bit of info, she is also the Aunt of Cazimero Bros. (Robert & Roland). As I said I am in shock and greatly saddened by this news and words that are appropriate escapes me at this time. All I will say at this time is: Auntie Malama Pono a hui ho!!!

Aloha
Dennis Kim

Sorry for your loss. May your faith be your strength.
Aloha

How will you honor her?

I will honor her with a couple of songs that she enjoyed me singing to. Don't know whether or not I'll get to do these at her Memorial service this Saturday. These 2 songs were some of her favorites and she would always get up and dance the Hula whenever I would sing them at the Hui. These songs are; "Kaloke" and "Hilo One". I will sing these songs at least in private later this evening, sipping a beer and having a private celebration of her life.

Last edited:
I will honor her with a couple of songs that she enjoyed me singing to. Don't know whether or not I'll get to do these at her Memorial service this Saturday. These 2 songs were some of her favorites and she would always get up and dance the Hula whenever I would sing them at the Hui. These songs are; "Kaloke" and "Hilo One". I will sing these songs at least in private later this evening, sipping a beer and having a private celebration of her life.

That is wonderful and is probably something that she would appreciate.

So sorry to hear about this....thank you for honoring her, that is so cool! Godspeed, Auntie Maelani!

Top Bottom