Low G Low G Tabs

All things related to linear-tuned ukuleles

Littlegman

Reaction score
Like many, I do prefer the sound of low G tuning more than re-entrant. A couple of turns of the A string peg and I'm off playing Hawaiian slack key. As such, I'm always searching for tabs in low G. Is there such a thing as a "repository" for low G tabs? I generally have to search out random uke tabs to see if it is for low G, and am grateful for any that I stumble across. Any insight into this? Any low G tabs to share? Mahalo!

Dominator has predominantly low-g tabs.

Edit: Everything he posts is low-g unless it specifically states high-g. If at the top of the tab it says GCEA it's low-g. If it says gCEA it's high-g.

Last edited:
Also there are books of tabs for low G by Craig Brandau and Pekelo's Ukulele Method. Craig Brandau's website has a few free tabs for low G.

I play a lot of high G arrangements in low G. I sometimes have to make adjustments when the melody goes onto the high G string, but unless the arrangement is super complex, this is usually no problem. I play most of Colin Tribe's and even some of ukulelezaza's high G arrangements in low G. I find when I play a high G arrangement in low G, I switch to either fingerstyle or arpeggios, rather than just strumming.

Top Bottom