Song Help Request Falling by Keahiwai

Ukeguy510

Reaction score
Anyone have the uke chords (or tab) for this song? The chords off Ultimate Guitar and Tropical Storm don't sound right.

i was learning this song for a friend and found that these chords worked but i tuned my uke a half-step down.

Code:
   C  Em  F  G
A|-3---2--0--2-|
E|-3---3--1--3-|
C|-4---4--0--2-|
G|-5---0--2--0-|

since it's tuned a half-step down, instead of it being GCEA, its F#,B,Eb,G#. And that also means that those chords aren't actually C, Em, F, and G, but those are the same chord shapes if you were tuned in GCEA.

Interesting. I'm still a noob so I don't think tuning down would be fun for me lol.

Also, when you refer to "tuning down" I'm assuming that increases the pitch of the chords? Thanks.

Interesting. I'm still a noob so I don't think tuning down would be fun for me lol.

Also, when you refer to "tuning down" I'm assuming that increases the pitch of the chords? Thanks.

Tuning down would be decreasing the pitch. It's much like lowering the voice of your uke :). I'm sure you could still use those chords, its just that it'll be a bit higher than the song actually is.

OR

I know you could play the first 1st,2nd, and 4th chords when tuned in GCEA but im not too sure about the 3rd. It would be an E when it's tuned lower but when in GCEA it can't get that same E.

Code:
   B  D#m  E  F#
A|-2---1---?--1-|
E|-2---2---?--2-|
C|-3---3---?--1-|
G|-4---3---?--3-|

You could try playing an E, though it would be higher.... or maybe muting the top and bottom strings?
GCEA
3331 <-E chord
x33x <-E chord, Muted

If anyone else can figure this out, please do. thanks!

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I strummed this out and it sounds pretty good. I Played it along with the song and it sounds spot on. its tuned half step down like triple 3 said, but I did a C, Em, Am, F, G for two beats, then back to F. Thought it sounded pretty good.

Sorry, as triple 3 said, those are just the shapes, and I did tune half step down, also with a low G setup

Top Bottom